Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: June Fish Together - Lake Arthur

Post Thanks / Like

Default June Fish Together - Lake Arthur

Tentatively planned:

The June Fish Together - Lake Arthur on Saturday June 17. Does that date work for everyone? All of the females that I filleted last night from yesterdays catch still had eggs in them. They have not spawned out yet because of this weather. June and July are the two best months at LA. Let me know what everyone thinks and I will put it together.

There are picnic tables at the Bear Run launch that we could use for the cookout.
    GO STEELER'S!

Post Thanks / Like

I think that'll work for me, will have to check. Looking forward to a good turn out. The fish are there and should be primed by then.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone come out and fish with you guys! My dad and I are trying to learn more about moraine? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Sure, come on out. We just have to decide where we're launching. What do ya think deep-v?

Post Thanks / Like

Is the 17th the bass season opener? If so, what kind of pressure does the lake get on the opener?

Post Thanks / Like

The bass season shouldn't really matter. Bass fisherman fish for them all year using the catch and release rule. It being on a Saturday will be the reason for the crowded lake if the weather is nice. I sure would like to be there with you guys, but I have to work that weekend.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Any nice weekend day will be crowded. Can we get an idea of how many people can make it on Saturday June 17th? I've planned it in my schedule. They should have the feed bag on by then. Let's have a great turn out!

Mark we try to have one every month so hopefully you can make the next one.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

DEEP vEE,
    I should be there,my son or my wife will accompany me!Ive never launched at bear run so i may need some directions!Do i just follow the signs rite after i get off 79 at 488 portersville?What food are we all taking Let me know!!
    ICENUT(Bill T)

Post Thanks / Like

Where is the bear run launch? Think I'll be launching at 528.

Post Thanks / Like

From the south, north or the west:
    79 to 422.
    422 east towards Butler.
    Get off at the South Shore Exit and make at left at the stop sign at bottom of ramp.
    Go to Ranger's Station stop sign and make a left.
    Go to top of hill and make a left at the Bear Run Launch sign. This will take you right to the launch.

From the east:
    422 west to the South Shore exit.
    Make a right at the stop sign.
    Go to Ranger's Station stop sign and make a left.
    Go to top of hill and make a left at the Bear Run Launch sign. This will take you right to the launch.

The Bear Run launch is at the other end of the lake from the 528 launch. When going across the 422 bridge that goes across the lake, if you look at about 11 oclock (northeast) you will see the Bear Run launch.

PS:
    Bass fishermen are always there, so that's not a big deal. I prefer them over jet skier's and powerboaters anyday of the week.

***Note***
    Lake Arthur is a 20hp limit lake!
    Last edited by deep-v; 05-30-2006 at 05:17 PM.
    GO STEELER'S!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast