Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help - Do I need a different trailer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help - Do I need a different trailer?

Hi all...

I'm not really sure what to do? I'm considering getting a different trailer for my 16.5' Grumman deep V. The trailer I have now works fine, but the boat sits very close to the steel chasis of the trailer (not sure how to descibe it, other than the square steel tubing is straight rather than dipping down in the middle) - was even scraping the bottom of boat until I raised the rails. It seems I'd be better off with a trailer that has the curved steel chasis, rather than what I have now, which has steel that goes straight across with no bend in it. Just seems odd for a deep V, which also makes the boat sit up higher on the trailer. I hope some of you know what I'm talking about. It seems like the trailer was made for more of a flat bottom boat than a deep V. I'll try and get pics posted after I scan them in. If anyone does know what I'm talking about, please let me know your thoughts, suggestions, etc. Also, where would be a good place to start looking for a trailer? I'd like to find a used one, or even better, trade someone. The trailer I have now is very nice, by my standards anyway, but just doesn't seem right. Thanks for any help,

Post Thanks / Like

My dad's old duracraft was the same way and it had rollers the middle of the trailer to ensure that it would not hit that bar. If you are really worried about it then add the rollers in the middle and raise the bunks. I wouldn't go to the trouble of all that or buying a new trailer if it is not hitting right now. As long as it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Post Thanks / Like

If it works well in every other department, Id add or change the bunks or rollers. That would be easier and a lot cheaper.........