So i woke up very early this morning, 5am, unintentionally and noticed no wind. Perfect! Grabbed the leftover minnows i had in the fridge and headed out to Offutt Base Lake. Started on the south side today and caught a few decent bluegills/sunfish and a few bass on minnows, but around 8am the wind was making it difficult to feel the bite. So i left to see how the action was over by this 30ft dropoff pit near the peninsula facing the south, winds were out of the west/northwest, so the water was as choppy. Got out of the car and saw this...

My Bill Dance moment, i forgot i had the rod tips sticking out the back window. One rod was ok, but the other one as you can see. So i took out my other rod which is a light action rod, but its a good 2 feet longer than other one, so casting the lighter lures was a bit more difficult. I was using minnows on the smaller rod and a deep series blue fox spinner on the longer one. Since i wasn't getting much action on the minnows, i chose the spinner. I had a few taps on the line but nothing good enough to set the hook into. Then i get snagged, i think, I stop reeling and start pulling the rod back, it gives, ok so whatever it is, i can bring it in, probably some large branch underwater or im snagged on someone else's lost line. As soon as i thought that, i see white and green, and the line starts to move. HOLY CRAP! Its a fish, and a big one! I started reeling again and that is when the spinner popped up out of water. Damn! Lost him.

First of all, this lure was only a 3/16th lure, If this was a bass, it more than likely had too big a jaw for me to sink that little treble hook into for a good set. Second, i don't even know if it was a bass, it could have been a walleye or more than likely a gar. I'll never know. I continued fishing the area and around it just in case i came across him again. I was using a slow retrieve when i nabbed him, as the sun came out more i speed things up a little bit. I did catch this guy later on.

About half the size of what i saw when i caught the bigger one. Oh well. Maybe another day. Going to go take my grandmother to see Avengers tonight.