Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Explosion!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Explosion!

Friday, my buddy from work,took off and went to Lake Nimrod to enjoy a long planned 3 day weekend. While I was at work Friday night I got a call from Bob. He told me that his boat caught fire and he had to run it up onto a rock bank to escape. He told me that it was a total loss.

I told him that I would be there Sat. to pick him up to fish. He was in pretty good spirits, since it had been a few hours since it had happened, so being the jokester that I am I couldn't resist. I asked him, Are we taking your boat or mine?

We had a great time and caught quite a few fish. Here is a pic of the morning catch.

Last edited by slabbandit; 05-21-2006 at 10:46 PM.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

D*** that looked like it got hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 05-22-2006 at 06:14 AM.
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    Damn that looked like it got hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it does, and thank goodness he didnt get hurt!
    So what caused the flame up?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glad he's OK!!

That looked like it happened pretty fast and hot!! I'm glad your friend was able to get out of it unhurt and also ready to go back fishing so soon! I couldn't have gone back so fast, cause of being a nervous wreck myself!!
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

We don't really know what caused it. Luckily he had it insured so maybe he will be back to fishing soon.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the boat. Tell your buddy that it could have been worse he could of not got off it or it could have had a live well full of crappie. LOL at least he had some sense of humor.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat explosion

Glad no one got hurt. Looks like it completely melted it. On the other hand looks like some nice fish to. Glad he was in good enough spirits to go. I don't think I would have been. If you find out what caused the flame up let all of us know. I'm sure everyone else will be checking for it just like I'm going to.
    Mike Perry

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday ????????????

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit
    Friday, my buddy from work,took off and went to Lake Nimrod to enjoy a long planned 3 day weekend. While I was at work Friday night I got a call from Bob. He told me that his boat caught fire and he had to run it up onto a rock bank to escape. He told me that it was a total loss.

I told him that I would be there Sat. to pick him up to fish. He was in pretty good spirits, since it had been a few hours since it had happened, so being the jokester that I am I couldn't resist. I asked him, Are we taking your boat or mine?

We had a great time and caught quite a few fish. Here is a pic of the morning catch.

Slabbandit as you saw Saturday was good for larger fish . I had 16 crappie and Sunday was better for numbers. I had a limit but they were not as big as the ones the day before. I plan on hitting the lake on Tuesday . Your father inlaw and brother inlaws been working the Gardner hole on the lake. How's the trolling been ? I heard some people said they were slow , The Crappie should be on the stump rows along creek channel drops. I never troll anymore. Your buddy was lucky , could of been rough if it burned in mid lake .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Hope he had PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE, If your boat gets totaled they buy you a "brand new one"! Glad to hear he was alright.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Hey NIMROD,

They have been catching enough for a fish fry with a few nice ones also. My wife and I caught 27 we kept this morning over there but they were pretty small. We had one that weighed a pound.

Wife had something straighten out a crappie hook. It was trying to go straight down and it was pulling drag! I think it was a big cat.

Right now we are just bouncing all over the lake trying to find better quality fish.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast