Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: S W Michigan

Post Thanks / Like

Default S W Michigan

I live in northern Indiana(LaPorte) and would like to do some crappie and blue gill fishing in michigan this year can anybody please help with some advice on some good lakes in this area.
    Thanks in advice
    Havin Fun
    Been to Shavehead,Duey,and Klinger we enjoyed fishing all these lakes.And I got to admit we did good with the bluegill on all of them.

Post Thanks / Like

You have to check out Juno, Painter and Christiann lakes along with Diamond Lake. As of right now the Crappie are biting on these lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

Len
    Thanks for the advice I will let my buddies know and maybe we can head up real.

Good luck with the fishing.
    Thanks again
    Havin Fun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Diamond

I did go out to Diamond on Saturday evening, caught a couple of 12" crappie, several L/M and a few 22" Northerns. This was my first time on the lake, and all in all, I'll give it another try real soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Went to Dewey(Duey?) Lake Saturday morning with a friend and we got our limit of bluegill. We came off the shallows into about 11 foot of water and just hammered them. Only about 3 or 4 fish had eggs. Water temp was in the mid 70's. We tried using leeches but the little bass was hitting like crazy so we went to wigglers and wigglers with waxes and the rest is history. Water was very very clear. Will fish this lake again later in the year.
    Last edited by havinfun; 06-05-2006 at 05:27 PM.