Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: has anyone tried the sliders

Post Thanks / Like

Question has anyone tried the sliders

Well there are these sliders. They are a weedless, stumpless worm almost like a mini texas rig. Can someone tell me what colors they like and wheres the good places to fish them cause as of now i cant getta bite with them

Post Thanks / Like

If its the sliders I'm thinking about they are like a swim bait .. They have a flat tail similar to a cocaho minna for salt water .
    I've used them a lot . I use the black body with chartreuse tail on a 1/16 ounce pink jig head . Most of the time during the summer only but I've caught a bunch of fish on that .
    Fish em anywhere really , downed trees , boat docks , bridge pylons , basically where ever you normally catch crappie .

Post Thanks / Like

I love sliders, use them alot. Color really depends on water color. I like watermellon char, black char, white, and junebug. Dont care much for the slider heads unless I am in real heavy cover and then most of the time I am vertical jigging tubes or Bobby Garland baby shad,scent wigglers, or slabslayers anyway. In open water I love to troll with them. I have caught fish on them from the washouts around here to Grenada MS.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used them, off & on. Like Dave, I'm not a fan of the jighead, but prefer to hook them on my regular weedless jigheads. Junebug/chartreuse is a favorite of mine. I fish them in all the same places I fish a tube or baby shad style body ... in & around wood cover, under docks, alongside bridge pilings, etc.

Being as they have a paddle tail ... their action is created by forward movement. Casting & trolling are two good methods to use, to get the action. Where the fish are dictates which of the two methods should be used, for the greatest percentage of success. Use an open hook jighead for trolling ... weedless jighead for casting.

Color is less important than finding where the fish are & presenting the bait within their striking range. However, two color (contrasting) bodies give you a better chance of the fish being able to see the bait in a wide range of water clarities.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

love em, and have great luck with white and white/chartruse.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used them in the late summer on big cedar brush piles that are so thick my regular jig heads are not fishable. They work very well but I like to fish them on light braid and really set the hook hard as they are texas rigged and my normal mono and hook set seems to struggle with getting the fish in the boat at times. I use chart sparkle and black/chart and like them in certain applications. I love to vertical fish brush piles vertical and it takes good boat control skills or your hung up all the time and and on some beds they are just so thick you can't fish them without the weedless approach. I only have a few beds I use them on but they work very well for that purpose. Alos they are great for pitch and drift around standing timber than has a lot of limbs on it.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I like crawling them thru brush tops on 4lb line 1/8 oz slider heads. My favorite color is a red head slider head with a Junebug/Chart. body.
    CATCH A BIG-UN