Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Oconee RST May 5, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Oconee RST May 5, 2012

Heading up in the morning to get things rolling. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. One change to the itinerary for Saturday. The weigh-in will also be at the Sav-A-Lot BP inside parking lot for the old boat store like we did for the J&D tournament. Click "HERE" for a Google map link. The restaurant next door to The Lodge is still under construction, so we will do the Sign-up and Weigh-in at the Sav-A-Lot BP. They will have breakfast, bait, tackle, ice, and everything else you might need. Have had several calls and emails about the where, when, and what lately. Please feel free to contact me or Jamie for any questions. Only one more tournament after Oconee (Lake Blackshear Sep 22nd) to get your team qualified for the Classic Swap-Up Challenge in December. Weather will be good and the fish are biting. It is going to be a good time.

Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Default Results

It was hot and a little windy, but these anglers never cease to amaze me in how determined they are to find the big fish no matter what the conditions. Good to see all the new faces and put them together with some screen names and a well known angler that has relocated to our area. Welcome again to those new members. We are proud to have you as members. Congrats to Ricky & Troy on their win with a pretty darn good weight for this time of year. These guys can flat out shoot a dock and jig brush. Water temps ranged in the upper 70's to low 80's and the water was fairly clear compared to normal Oconee waters. Typical water conditions for this time of year with no weekly rains to keep the stain going. Still some fish trying to spawn with this full moon and the colors of some of the fish and the broke up tails were a sure sign. Good news for the future of Oconee with more fry to grow to become slabs. I will get the website updated soon as I get better internet service. This wireless is too slow to get it done till I get home. Hope everyone has a safe summer and gets all there tackle and boats ready for September 22nd at Blackshear. Those slabs will be starting their fall feeding binge and it is gonna be fun. Not to mention it is the last chance for qualifying in the Classic Swap-Up Challenge being held in December 2012. Only gotta fish one to qualify, better get your team together and come to Blackshear. Gonna be a lot of fun in December, not to mention a good bit of cash and prizes too!

1. 9.25 lbs - R. Willis & T. Thiel
    2. 7.98 lbs - B. Peacock & R. Mayo
    3. 7.07 lbs - S. Williams & B. Williams
    4. 7.03 lbs - R. Malcolm & B. Cooper
    5. 6.88 lbs - K. Driscoll & R. Wall

Big Fish - 1.50 lbs - C. Chapman & J. Little
    Top Female - P. Gonshor

Thanks again to all those who come out and support Slab Masters Tournament Trail. Was nice too see the families and friends supporting their favorite anglers too!

Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Default Web Site has been updated and here is a.....

Slide show from the tournament: Click on the picture to start the show.
    Last edited by Shine Runner; 05-07-2012 at 07:03 PM.