Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Toby Bream 5/2/12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Toby Bream 5/2/12

I knew I should have taken more crickets. We started off fishing a couple of brush piles with minnows and caught 3 decent crappie and then they quit biting so we started hitting coves with crickets. Every cove that we fished produced fish especially around Arrowhead park but not in big numbers. We would pick up a few in a cove and move to the next cove and so on until we were out of crickets, we went through 150 in about 3 hours. Not a bad day, we ended up with 32 Bluegill and one Shellcracker. About half of them had eggs, the water temp was running about 80 and we were fishing about 3 feet deep.

"Shep"

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't do quite that well, but caught some nice crackers and gills in the St. Johns. The water is so low the fish don't know whether to spawn or not! Here's a big cracker....not a very good pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, good report! that"s a nice shellcracker there speckanator. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal. Congrats to both of you.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

I find that the $20.00 Shellcrackers eat better than the $1.00 ones...

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Bluegill. I have been catchin more bream in Tobo more this year than in the years past. I been fishin minnows and usually catch 4 or 5 a trip. I believe the population might be gettin better. The ones I catch are a little bigger than my hand.
    A crappie day fishin beats working any day!!

Post Thanks / Like

Went pleasure riding today, but will report the water temp was 84 degrees. Moon is full today so next few days should be great.