Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aggregate

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Aggregate

When defining how many fish you can keep some species are given in totals, some creel limits and others in the aggregate. I know aggregate means total, so doesn't that mean if you can have 5 whatevers in the aggregate, that means 5 total in the boat, regardless of how many fishermen are in the boat. Creel limits I understand because each individual has a so called creel whether it be a basket, bucket, stringer or live well. I had a school teacher tell me my thinking is correct but it doesn't seem fair. If I am fishing by myself, I can keep 5 whatevers, but you 10 people in that pontoon boat can only have 5 total. Am I missing something here?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Isn't that usually ......

used in relation to "similar" species ? Such as White Bass, Yellow Bass, Hybrid Striped Bass, Stripers ......... where identification is sometimes difficult for the average joe angler. I would think that a "per person" limit is still in effect ... it's just a way to collectively group "look alike" fish into one limit. I don't think it means that if you have 10 people in one boat .... that THEIR total limit (aggregate) is 5 fish. (actually, I'd be more worried about getting a ticket for overloading the boat with occupants :D ). ...... cp

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont claim to know all the fish and game laws but I believe an aggregate means PER PERSON. That would be the way I'd interpert the law anyway. But, I could be wrong.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Aggregate = the whole sum or amount

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by a Warden that my basket could have a limit and my partners could have a limit Etc... If my basket has me and my partners limit that's where we have the problem. I've been checked a few times and have never been ticketed using this formula.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default limit ????????

We have a aggregate limit of something like 75 fish per day here per person. Otherwords if you catch limits of crappie 20+ limits of bass 10+ limits of catfish 10 is 40 fish ,so even though bream is 50 you would only be able to keep 35.
    Then same on stripers and hybrids fall under this term , as do black basses (largemouth, spotted, and smallmouth ). They are grouped in aggreates. Even though one group of fish like black bass has aggreation limit , some members of the aggregation may have more restriction. Here it's 10 black bass with no more than 4 which can be smallmouth.
    Hope this does'nt muddy the waters for you even more.:rolleyes: The regs are getting more complicated every year with size limits and certain waters.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD
    We have a aggregate limit of something like 75 fish per day here per person. Otherwords if you catch limits of crappie 20+ limits of bass 10+ limits of catfish 10 is 40 fish ,so even though bream is 50 you would only be able to keep 35.
    Then same on stripers and hybrids fall under this term , as do black basses (largemouth, spotted, and smallmouth ). They are grouped in aggreates. Even though one group of fish like black bass has aggreation limit , some members of the aggregation may have more restriction. Here it's 10 black bass with no more than 4 which can be smallmouth.
    Hope this does'nt muddy the waters for you even more.:rolleyes: The regs are getting more complicated every year with size limits and certain waters.
    That makes sense from reading the different definations I've read for the word. But since it doesn't say "per person", it makes it more confusing.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Send an e-mail to your game and fish department or whomever enforces the state laws on wildlife and fishing, then keep the response in your boat. That should keep your mind at ease. Otherwise might well be good justification to throw your fishing buddy's behind overboard if the warden shows up.:D [or if he is the stronger, you might want to put your wallet somewhere dry]. I think aggregate is intended to be the sum of all fish of all types per person.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I was told by the ncw this is per person unless stated in the rule book ( ie coon hunting in one part of our state it has the limit per party )

Post Thanks / Like

Lets say you have a limit of 5 on walleye and a limit of 5 on sauger, but you have a species limit of 5 in the aggregate. The aggregate of that species would be any combination of walleye and sauger,(3walleye +2sauger) (4sauger +1walleye) ect.
    United States-Home of the free, because of the BRAVE. (Pray for our troops)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast