Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Armed Forces Day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Armed Forces Day

Just wanted to drop a word of thanks to all the members of the Armed Forces. So thank you for all you have done and all you continue to do to keep us free. We are so blessed to live in this great country because of the sacrifices you and your families have made. May god be with you all. To all who made the ultimate sacrifice, may they know they are gone but not forgotten. To those of you who cant forget what those of us who werent there can never imagine, Thank You.
    All gave some,
    Some gave all...

Post Thanks / Like

Well spoken, gater. I truly wish there was a way that we could reach the troops by email so that we could tell them how much we appreciate what they do. I know there are computers in numbers over there. We didn't have that medium to use in my enlistment, it could have made a big difference. I'd like to help them in whatever manner possible, even if it's just expressing how much we want to support them, by encouragement, news, or by whatever means possible and legal.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your thanks!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all. I will make a copy of this thread and send to some of my fishing buddies that are deployed at this time to let them know that the people are greatfull and proud.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I feel honored to jump on this bandwagon and tell the troops we are so proud of ALL of them, everyone. We think about them every day'

"The delta below New Orleans and later several forts guarding the inlet to Pensacola Bay and subsequently reading of the more than 50 forts constructed at every major port on the gulf and east coast, and several on the west during that time frame, caused a reflection in my mind and tears to my eyes....that at a time when this country was in danger of attack by now our European partners, that the forts were there to guard what I now realize I cherish most, and what we now herald as our more important export, and that which costs us most dearly, is freedom.
    With our shrinking world, our sentry points have moved by necessity from our shores to those well beyond our shining seas. It is right that to protect that which we hold so dearly, payment now be made again on lands far, far away, where others too, have the right to enjoy freedom, as we. How proud you must be...ready to give that which is most dear...for freedom. The soldier...an honorable duty to one's country...."

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This may be slow if you have dial-up.
    http://www.forest.ws/WeSupportU.htm
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

My thanks also to all the troops past and present who have taken it upon themselves to give us all freedom. It is the most unselfish act to take up arms against our foes that we can have the liberties that we have.

To the families of the ones that have given the ultimate sacrifice I give thanks and I want you to know that I am proud of you for what you have given.

My thoughts and prayers are with those that were lost and also with those that are npw deployed for safe return.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.