Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Springtime in Minneapolis. Gotta luv it!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Springtime in Minneapolis. Gotta luv it!

Garlic is up to almost knee high.
    The spuds are all up in a row.
    The forsythias and the magnolias are well done.
    Early rhodendendrons are through but the azaleas are coming into their peak just now.
    The lilacs are in full bloom all over the city.
    So are the flowering crabs and even the few redbuds.
    The peach tree bloomed and the flowers lived through the cold snaps. There are little white fuzzy balls all over in their places now. I just put the tree in last spring - hopefully peach cobbler this summer.
    Daylilies of three varieties are budded out. The first flowers due in about a week.
    There are even buds on the rose bush by my front step.
    Tulips all over are in their glory.
    Shorefishing in the park is full of good scenery and getting better all the time. Got a little too old to do much chasing but the looking is right pleasant.
    The fishing was spectacular up until about a week ago, too. Still catching but having to work pretty hard for less return.

This old dog got a little bit more gittyup in his gitalong these days.
    Springtime in the North Country Fair is a great time to be alive.

(I guess I am going to have to get around to trimming the front hedge one of these days...)

Post Thanks / Like

no1son....great reading your posts and reports. I agree with ya, this spring sure is one of a kind! I too, have a tad more pep in my step lately.....leaving tomorrow for the Wisconsin River to catch some slabs. This is a time of year that puts that sparkle in my eyes! Not a better time of year to fish than now.....P-row