Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Vicious Hi Vis Yellow Braid

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vicious Hi Vis Yellow Braid

Anyone using this braid? I got mine in this week and man is it yellow. Anyone see differences in fish catching? Aint no way a fish cant see this stuff..Thoughts?

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never bothered me, and all my lines are yellow, both mono and braid. If you think it's an issue you can color the last few feet with a magic marker to darken it. Or you can add a 4' piece of flourocarbon to the end to satisfy your ocd. A double uni does that fine.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan. I'm not sure how it is compared with other braids, since it is the only light # braid I have used, but I like it alot better than mono for anything with a tight line. You really can feel alot more subtle hits, bumps, etc than mono.

Post Thanks / Like

Toughest hi bis that knave used it has no memory and last a long time I use the 6 lb don't even like using clear any you can see the line move easy when you are getting hit in my opinion just bought 5 more spools from grizzly jig the other day
    HERE FISHY FISHY

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lhumphre View Post
    Anyone using this braid? I got mine in this week and man is it yellow. Anyone see differences in fish catching? Aint no way a fish cant see this stuff..Thoughts?
    NOPE ... no differences for me !! And, like Skeetbum, all of my lines are hi-vis ... mono & braid. Been using PowerPro braid for a couple of years, and while it's a "golden" yellow straight out of the box, it will eventually fade to a lighter shade of yellow. That does not affect the bite, nor my ability to see the line, so far as I can tell.

I've got a little tidbit for you : Crappie have very good eyesight, and they can probably see most any line regardless of color or lack of it. If they don't perceive it as a threat, they likely ignore it & concentrate on what's on the end of it.
    Consider this -- black braided nylon was the first "fishing line" that I ever saw. And people were catching fish on it !! Even the supposed "camo" braided lines were multi-colored, including black, red, brown, & tan colored segments. I'm just as sure that the Crappie of that day could see those lines, as easily as the Crappie of today can see the yellows, greens, golds, reds, & whatever other colors todays braids come in.

IMHO ... if you think the line color is spooking the fish, there's likely a bunch of other factors involved ... and they're more likely the culprit, rather than your line color.

... cp