Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Garrett Lake, Weakley county night fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Garrett Lake, Weakley county night fishing

Went to Garrett lake in weakley county saturday night for a little night fishing. I fished from the dock (there's a utility light out there so you can see somewhat). I got there about 9pm and fished until about 11pm. Another couple was there also, they had been there since 7pm and had caught 60 or so. I caught about 14 or 15. They weren't much size. The biggest was about 11 inches. I used a black and chartruse jig tipped with a berkley chartruse crappie nibble about 4' under a night bobby. The other two people were using a Creme brand "minnow" looking jig and boy were they wear'n 'em out! They were catching 5 fish to my one. They were casting and retrieving slow without a bobber. I think they were using a 1/32 jig head also. The guy gave me one of the jigs and I caught my last 5 or so fish on it using their technique as well. Garrett's got a bunch of small ones to cull but you can take home a nice mess of fish if you want this time of year, if you're patient enough to fish through the small ones.
    Last edited by CohuttaCrappie; 11-21-2004 at 09:49 PM.
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"