Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spot Lite?!?

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Spot Lite?!?

I'm in need of a bright spot light. What you guys have and what do you recommend?
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure what brand I have, it is stored away right now, but I have realized that you get what you pay for. If you buy one you do not like or it does not operate well, just return it and try another.

Post Thanks / Like

gabowman....take a look at a Brinkman 1,000,000 candle power, the big one that uses leads and clips to your battery. They are durable and last a long time. Mine is over 17 years old and still going and it's a smaller candlepower. The one with internal batteries won't last long, they are rechargeable but soon run out of juice and will not recharge fully. As a word of caution, do not lay them face down with the light on, they can burn a hole in your carpet or anything flammable, but they are the best I've tried so far for brightness.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 2,000,000 candle power rechargable Q-Beam.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I needed oil for the boat yesterday so I went down Wally World and went ahead and bought a 3 mil Brinkmanns. Went out fishing last night and was pleased with the performance of the new light. Granted it isnt built as tough as the old aircraft landing light bulbs (from NAPA) built in metal housings I've used the past 20 years but it did seem a little stronger. I'll just have to learn to make sure it is handled with a little more care than my old lights. Thanks for replying guys.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.