Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wading boots?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wading boots?

Most lakes around me are fairly easy to fish along the shore. Others are not so fun. I want to eliminate retrieving my lure through yards of weeds and underwater growth so that each cast im not pulling the stuff free from my line. The only way to do this is to step out into it or out of it. I don't really have a pair of shoes i feel comfortable standing in water and mud for a long period time and my old military boots are long gone (dang!). So im looking to buy a pair of wading boots.

Any recommendations or suggested brands i should look into?

Post Thanks / Like

A good pair of waders with fitted ankles so the muck dont pull em off would work well. Something like this LaCrosse Big Chief Uninsulated Hip Boot at MacksPW.com

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a cheap pair of hip boots.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

That all depends on if the water is to deep for hip boots or not? The only waders i own are LaCrosse neoprene chest waders and they are very nice! I have owned several different kinds of chest waders and i can say that i have been the most pleased with LaCrosse products. I have never had any problems with mine leaking or anything but a buddy of mine did and i can say LaCrosse has very good customer service and is very willing to fix any problems you have or replace them for you. If you are planning on spending lots of time in the boots you buy i wouldnt go too cheap because you get what you pay for!

Post Thanks / Like

Check out a Wally Marshall video of him wading around the shoreline
    long poleing for crappie. His hip boots shows the effectiveness of wading.
    The only time I use hip boots is when its cold and I'm in and out of the
    kayak several times a day. Tight lines to ya.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, i should have put the depth of the water, looks like 2 - 3 feet deep. I don't really plan on having the water go past my knees.

Post Thanks / Like

2 to 3 feet deep....i'd just jump on in with some cheap shoes

anything over ones crotch, I'd buy waders

Post Thanks / Like

I'd recommend you visit a Dick's sporting goods store and buy a pair of their hip boots. Usually around $25.00. They'll last several years.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

i to am looking to get some wading gear to reach the fish that are in 10' any suggestion or input on what to get at academy sports or their selections, from the looks of others wading they are in 2-4'

Post Thanks / Like

Get you some Cabelas Ultralight wading boots (not felt sole). Go ahead and get some neoprene socks with them. Wade with confidence. If you want to stay dry then add breathable stocking foot hip or chest waders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast