Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Redear and Bluegill Ky Lake 4/21-25

Post Thanks / Like

Default Redear and Bluegill Ky Lake 4/21-25

WOW!! This is our first day catch of redears and bluegill on Kentucky Lake, Sat afternoon.
    We had 33 big redears in one afternoon. They were 10-12". Unbelievable fishery.
    Dropshot with redworms in 2-3' of water. We brought back 300 fillets or 150 fish
    for 4 days, mostly bluegill. After the first day we only had 7-9 redears daily, rest bluegills.
    Bassky
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

thats awesome!! What part? North or South? I am headed down there Monday for a week.....sounds like we are gonna hit it just right! Thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Bassky. That is one good looking fish cleaning station. I have been fishing north Barkley and can find the beds and no fish. Hope the next full moon helps. Nice Redear!
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

Me and a friend fished the last two days on north barkely and mid ky we fished several coves and alot of gravel bottoms..We caught alot of gills as well as bass,cats,yellow perch,etc..we fished from the ledges to 2' deep and not one redear..lol I cleaned a good mess of fish and had a great time but am gonna have to figure these redears out..lol
    ..Bee

Post Thanks / Like

My goodness, those things are PIGS...and that's saying something considering pictures never do fish any justice. It appears like the redear down there are really healthy and are growing to huge proportions.

There's a guy named Captain Kirk and his website pictures from this month are just ridiculous, many fish like yours. I'm not advertising for the guy either, I've never even met him. I found his website and have considered calling him for an appointment on those crackers because there's some pound and half-two pound crackers on his website that were caught this month. Looks like some of your fish are pushing pound and a half or better too.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-28-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish,I as well just got home from kentucky lake. four boats fished fri thru sun with limits or very close to limit of redear everyday. Along with some Gills, We had a great trip hope to be able to do it again.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome catch. I've never fished for the redear. But it's on my list. Has to be FUN!!!