Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Bites-Magic Bait

Post Thanks / Like

Question Crappie Bites-Magic Bait

Who has tried the Crappie Bites vs. Crappie Nibbles? I picked some up the other day, but haven't tried them yet. The color selection was limited, but, I liked the price, app. 1/2 the price of Nibbles. Odor seems OK, and they are made in Ok.? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both...and can't see much difference, all tho my favorite is the Nibbles in silver.

Post Thanks / Like

Just put the bites or nibbles on the bare hook?? Or with a tube jig? Shiners expensive here and i wanna bust some slabs in my pond with tubes jigs!

Post Thanks / Like

i've tried nibbles on bare hook they tend to come off easily so i started to use in the tube jig and seems to stay on better. i suggest letting some air out before use to make it easier to use or invest in something like bait pump to inject but i've used plastic syringe same thing and makes it easier to inject into tube bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the Crappie Bites this year and didn't like them to much vs. the Crappie Nibbles. Maybe its that I have more confidence in the Nibbles but as of right now the Crappie Bites are no longer in my panfish bag. I hope you catch a bunch on them tho!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigMamou84 View Post
    Just put the bites or nibbles on the bare hook?? Or with a tube jig? Shiners expensive here and i wanna bust some slabs in my pond with tubes jigs!
    As I understand it .... Nibbles or Bites are quite soft, and a few at a time should be left outside the jar for a time, to harden up (air dry), so they'll stay on the hook better.

If these products truly do provide an attracting scent ... I see no reason why impaling them on a bare hook wouldn't be enticing enough for a fish to bite it. But, generally speaking ... they are hardened & impaled on the exposed jighook, or forced into the hollow of a plastic tube bait with either a Bait Pump or Oral Medication Syringe (while still soft).

If you've got a pond with Crappie ... these products may or may not be necessary. Tube jigs alone may be all you need, depending on how much forage base is available in this pond. Vertical & slow retrieve methods are usually used with externally hooked Nibbles/Bites ... while internally injected Nibbles/Bites will work with these same methods, plus allow you the options of casting & speedier retrieve methods.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter bought me some crappie bites for my birthday and I found that they dissolve quicker than the crappie nibbles and do not stay on the hook as well or as long. They work as I caught crappie with them but when I run out I will not be buying any.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TapOut64 View Post
    My daughter bought me some crappie bites for my birthday and I found that they dissolve quicker than the crappie nibbles and do not stay on the hook as well or as long. They work as I caught crappie with them but when I run out I will not be buying any.
    Tap ... sounds like the "Bites" work OK ... but just may be softer (or more degradable). In that event, they may work better if injected into the hollow tubes. (that is, if you can justify not using the Wasshoppah, and putting a hollow body tube on )

... cp

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TapOut64 View Post
    Thats what I found as well.......the crappie nibbles are well worth the extra money
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Ive got both but cant change to the bites when I know the crappie are hitting don't like to change things if what I'm using is working guess I will have to run out of nibbles first everytime I go towally world I try to pick up a few bottles I like the chrome glow the best but have many different ones on hand
    HERE FISHY FISHY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast