Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any recent reports on Thomas Hill??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any recent reports on Thomas Hill??

If it won't blow us off the water and the rain holds off, want to try there tomorrow (friday) Also, is there somewhere to get minners for the wife close to there???
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey centerdiver, sorry I just saw your post tonight. Have not fished Thomas Hill for a couple of weeks so not sure what they are doing now. Which direction you coming in from, to help you find a place to get minnows........will probably try fishing it sometime this weekend. Will post how things work out, if I make it down there.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Went today for a while.

Picked up a few minners at a country store/cafe/bait shop right on the corner of T and 3. Finally got in the water around 11 and fished till we ran outta minners about 4. Caught a lot of dinks, a WHOLE LOTTA CHANNEL CATS, and even a (what we call down south) a "goo" (short for caspergoo or fresh water drum). Did manage to bring home 7 nice keeper crappie and 12 nice channel cats. Must have caught 3 times that many. One thing about that bait shop, you order and pay for 3 dozen and you will get 4 or so. Caught everything on the minners. Fellers using jigs drifted by up and down, but were all not real happy with not "limiting out in 30 min." We go for the day to enjoy being out, not to see how fast we can limit out, so we really enjoyed it.
    Had enough crappie filets to fill the wife and I with some tater salad, and the cats went into the freezer for early next week supper. Really a nice day. Not too many boats, only saw one ski boat and one jet ski the whole day. Nice time on the water.
    Oh by the way, most all the fish caught were on the south side of hwy T from the bridge west. Some guys fishing near the bridge were using night crawlers and were catching striper. Had 2, one 23" one 26". Nice fish, if you like to eat them.:rolleyes: I like catching them, but rather eat crappie and cats.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.