Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walleye Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walleye Question

Have never been walleye fishing but I am an avid fisherman. I have heard the fishing at Devils Lake in ND is excellent. Would like some input from some of the more professional walleye fishermen. I live in NE Oklahoma and am wanting some Walleye action. Any techniques and areas would be deeply appreciated. I am definitely a guppie/minnow where Walleye are concerned.

Post Thanks / Like

Walleye fishin on Devils lake is alot like fishin for Crappie.You fish the timber for the darn things took us two days to figure that out.You will definately enjoy the trip, and the white bass are very addictive up there they are so thick you cant hardly keepem off you hook.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hogster looking forward to the Yellow Perch up there too.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah watch them darn yellow perch they flare their gill plates when ya grab em and try to stick ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky Man, Devils Lake has always been my dream ice-fishing destination.
    I would suggest talking to the local bait dealer, there income depends on the tourest doing good. I hope you have a great trip and post results. Perch, Walleye and give the pike a day. Good luck
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tim. I am long term planning this one. It's a next year trip. Have to go under the knife in June. Had to go under the knife in March also. Didn't get to fish any local tournaments because of this. But next year...

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know much about the lake in ND, but here in AR we get a few walleye here and there on our brushpiles with minnows but mostly when trolling crankbaits off rocky points and ledges.

Saw a show the other day with Babe Winkleman in Wisconsin where they were verticle jigging both jigs and spoons for the eyes but had to change their presentation to trolling to get them to bite. I hear lots of folk up north use leeches as a live bait for walleye.

I really wished I could get on them here and stay on them. I love to catch them.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

My dad's from Michigan and fished for them a lot up there. He did a vertical presentation with a split swivel...one end going to a bell sinker and the other end going to a 4" minnow-type lure. Find the bottom with the sinker and then a quick jig up to entice them to bite.

*edit...he fished this rig at night.
    Last edited by Woohdog; 05-20-2006 at 08:38 AM.
    I think I got one...

Post Thanks / Like

I fish from the bank and lately the walleye have taken to a crank bait presentation. I used a floating minnow and was casting it out near a drop off and popping it back in the bank. The walleye's didn't stand a chance. Got a few small mouth this way also...the bait was 4" and chartruese (sp). Here are the pics

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...4/DSC01306.jpg
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...4/DSC01307.jpg
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...4/DSC01308.jpg
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the input. I'm enjoying this sight. I have yearned to walleye fish for a long time but have never got to go. What Lake were you fishing Corey? Those fillets looked so good they made my tongue almost beat my brains out. From everything I hear they can be a real challenge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast