Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spawning on Smithville, KC STAR today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spawning on Smithville, KC STAR today

Spawning on Smithville, according to the K.C. Star today! Anyone have any info, spawning locations, etc?

Post Thanks / Like

I just got off the lake about an hour ago and the SMALL fish are on the banks. In 4 hours of fishing I caught a total of 4 keeper fish ( just barely over 9", didn't bring any home) and more small fish than i can count. The water is starting to warm back up finally but out of all the fish i caught I saw egg filled bellies and not one with a roughed up tail and I was fishing near rock. I know Burton fairly well and I would be willing to guess that he is predicting the spawn soon, which if i was in the bait shop business I would make that prediction too because I am sure by this time next week things will be hot!! ( Bait shop business --- spawn= Minnows and minnows= Money!!!)

All of my findings came from fishing the main lake area so things could be different up the river or in camp branch area..

Good Luck to you and if you go fishin -- take a kid with you!
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

i went today and caught lots of dinks and 2 keepers 1 real nice one. went so far north it started snowing. they wern't biting up there so went back on the south side of w and caught my 2 keepers, and to warm up.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm heading out there again tonight. Will post report tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Ran into bmoffitt in Rock Creek Cove... He had a couple of keepers in 30min... He and a friend had a dozen keepers before 11:30 ... jigs and minnows 4-5' from shore, 18" deep--- boat was over a channel--- North wind blowing against the shore. Me--- one dink and little patience-- one fellow casting jigs said he'd "caught 100 dinks but only one keeper" another fellow who was fishing the shore in about 5' of water at the back of the same cove said he had half a dozen 10"-11" fish --- and lots of dinks-- I'm getting to be a voyeur fisherman-- get my kicks watching other people catch fish--- and learning a few things along the way--- like I shoulda brought the sunscreen!
    Water temp still 61- 64 even in the cove near "W" -- Didn't venture uplake but I bet the evening bite was good... Hope to get out again this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks to Shortstorie

As short mentioned, we met up on the lake yesterday. He was kind enough to give me his extra minnows. However, they did not go to use as we caught all of our keepers but 1 before 11:30. It is 5:36 am right now and I am heading out to get my limit before 10.
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to hit it this a.m.,about 8:30.Only have a few hours.Will try to post a northern report.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville

If you want bigger fish go up to at least lynn and roberts branch,lot of good fish there,better then rock creek.Plus pay attention to cooks posts he fishes hard and is honest fisherman.

Post Thanks / Like

Honest fisherman???

Post Thanks / Like

Well,after about 10 casts without even a bump,I noticed shad spawning on the edge.Spent the last 2 hours netting them for future cat trips.Will vaccuum seal them,in 5's,then whoa nellie,I hope

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast