Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sarasota/Bradenton area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sarasota/Bradenton area

This past season has been a tough one, as far as Crappie (Specks) go, in the Sarasota and Bradenton area, at least.

I didn't have the opportunity to fish as much as I like,and didn't get many reports from other local Speck anglers.

I would like to hear from anyone who has fished in my area, and what results they had. One local freshwater guide says that it wasn't that good for him either.

Thanks

http://freshwaterfishingsarasotabradenton.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I haven't fished for Specks in your area but the Speck fishing in my area this season has been tough also. I've got some good size Specks that were few and far between early in the morning or late in the evening but no large numbers of them. The Speck bite has really been spotty (on and off) even though I've seen a lot of big schools this season. They just were not holding in one spot. They were constantly on the move so I'm guessing that the baitfish (minnows, etc.) were also moving a lot. Most of the time, they just would not bite anything. Hope next season is better :D.

BTW, the ones I did get were either on 1/32 oz. pearl iridescent/gray jigs or on 1/32 oz. white or chartreuse jigs tipped with live minnows four feet under a float. With summer almost here, good luck . My guess is that they will be deep. If you plan on chasing them this summer that is.
    Last edited by dixieangler; 05-21-2006 at 08:36 PM.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"