Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Avatars Fatboy?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Avatars Fatboy?

Haven't heard that term in quiet some time. If I remember correctly, it had something to do with the Hindu religion. Can't remember. How the word ever got associated with gifs, jpegs, etc. is beyond me. Maybe Edhead knows.lol

Cane Pole

ps

Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation right you are .....

av·a·tar

noun

1. incarnation of Hindu deity: an incarnation of a Hindu deity in human or animal form, especially one of the incarnations of Vishnu such as Rama and Krishna

2. embodiment of something: somebody who embodies, personifies, or is the manifestation of an idea or concept

3. computing image of person in virtual reality: a movable three-dimensional image that can be used to represent somebody in cyberspace, for example, an Internet user

If I could find a picture of a Crappie with a ball cap, sunglasses, and grey beard .... I'd have my Avatar ......LOL!! ..............cp

Post Thanks / Like

Good job CP, better than I could have explained, particulary sine I didn't know most of that myself.

"Among people working on virtual reality and cyberspace interfaces, an avatar is an icon or representation of a user in a shared virtual reality."
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best