Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eagle 480 Fish Mark

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Eagle 480 Fish Mark

If you have one how do you like it? Is it easy to see in bright light & when do you use the amber screen?
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like mine very much. The detail is miles better than any of the other models i've ever owned. Zooms are clear, grayline detail is sharp, and that amber screen is when you turn the light on. It's easy to use right out the box and when you PLAY with the settings while trying to learn how to use it, and mess everything up, it has a reset button that will return it back to factory settings. I feel it's an outstanding unit for any price.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used one myself. Theres not a thing wrong with the 480 that I've found.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the 480, so much better than my old Eagle Ultras.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 in my boat and love them
    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
    Ronald Reagan -

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to be having trouble with mine...seems the screen doesn't update fast enough.....When looking for my brush tops while moving slow with the gas motor all I see is what looks like a tree trunk or something....I know the brush top is large and it just doesn't show up like that...I guess my question is how fast are you guys moving when looking for your brush tops....I have my ping and chart speed set as high as they will go and it just seems to be to slow...any suggestions.....Thanks.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAMOMAN
    I seem to be having trouble with mine...seems the screen doesn't update fast enough.....When looking for my brush tops while moving slow with the gas motor all I see is what looks like a tree trunk or something....I know the brush top is large and it just doesn't show up like that...I guess my question is how fast are you guys moving when looking for your brush tops....I have my ping and chart speed set as high as they will go and it just seems to be to slow...any suggestions.....Thanks.
    On page 62 in the manual, it tells about ping and hyperscroll speed. If you have your ping speed set high, it automatically kicks into hyperscroll. It says " these faster ping rates allow you to maintain a high detail picture on the screen and the screen refresh rate and chart scroll speed can keep pace with the boat as it moves quickly over the bottom terrain". " when using hyperscroll, you may also need to manually decrease the sensitivity for optimum performance."
    You probably have your sensitivity set to high. See if adjusting it lower will help. ( taken from page 62 and 63 from the owners manual )