Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lopez Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Lopez Lake

Lopez Lake is still producing limits of crappie. I was out for a few hours this morning checking things out. The lake is at 85% full the water temp is still warming up. I caught several dinks 9 inches or less, threw them back. I did lose a real nice slab, my fault. :o I don't want to even guess at the weight, it will sound like a fishing story. A coworker and his brother where there also and both caught limits ( 25 ) each from shore. As I was leaving the lake I stopped by the cleaning station by the boat ramp and saw three more limits. Majority of the fish are in deeper water, just out of casting rang. I plan on going out again in the morning. Trying something different.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Went back out to Lopez this morning, Not to good for me. A couple of small Crappies, Blue Gill, Red Ear and a Trout. I did see a couple other fisherman with limits. I have to break my habit of catching dinks. I did have fun watch three boys fishing on a dock. They had been there since early AM and had a nice stringer of fish.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bill, I fished with those kids from 10 to 11 am. They really knew alot about fishing for such young guys. They are from Frazier Park. Here is a pic of one of them. He snagged this one by the tail! lol. Did you happen to see me out there? You should say hi sometime now that you know what I look like. I only caught 3 crappie today. Here is the keeper. I also fished the aqueduct on my way home from Bakersfield on Tuesday and came up with a nice Catfish.

Im not trying to Hijack your thread, just wanted to share. If it gets annoying let me know.

Last edited by odatria; 05-19-2006 at 12:11 AM.
    Git Jiggy Wit It :D

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that is a keeper. We just missed, I move around the corner, other side of the wind surfing area at 9:30 Fishing the brush on the side of the lake. That is a nice cat too. Check your P M

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where Is Lopez

Where Is Lake Lopez & How Do You Get There? Any Other Info Would Help. I Live In Pearblossom, Close To Palmdale. Thanks & Keep Up The Good Fishin

Post Thanks / Like

Lopez Lake is located east of Arroyo Grande, Directions from Palmdale, go to interstate 5, head North towards Bakersfield.
    Go to hwy 166 west towards Santa Maria. When you get to hwy101 go north to Arroyo Grande. Get off at the Grand Ave exit. It might say "EAST GRAND". Turn right, east, Grand will turn into Branch St. Veer Right on Huasna Rd., turns into Lopez Dr. Follow to the lake.

Option two, Directions from Palmdale, go to interstate 5, head North towards Bakersfield. Pass through Bakersfield still heading north to hwy 46 toward Paso Robles. When you get to hwy 101 take it south to Arroyo Grande. When you get to Grand Ave. turn Left, east. This way is a better hwy but a lot more miles.

I do not recommend Taking hwy 58 from Bakersfield to hwy 101.

I wish I could give better directions from Arroyo Grande to the Lake. It is easy to get there. Basically it is one road that changes names.

Lopez Lake is a good lake to fish, there is camping there, a small Store.

If you are coming this far you might want to look at Santa Margarita Lake too.

Also you will only be about 12 miles to the ocean... from the lake
    Last edited by wrwest; 05-20-2006 at 02:21 PM.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Mike I think we have a friend in common. Roger Cabonce. I work with Roger and he saw your Pics and recognized my board name. Small world

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wrwest
    Mike I think we have a friend in common. Roger Cabonce. I work with Roger and he saw your Pics and recognized my board name. Small world
    Hmmmm, I dont think I know a Roger. Did he say where he knew me from? Where do you work if you dont mind me asking?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike I will email you later. Looks like the coming weekend is going to be a good one. Clear warm weather just right for fishin. Any one coming to the central coast might want ot check for reservations. It gets crowded around here on holiday weekends. We had a good rain over the weekend, lake might be a little dirty, be flixible.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

O.K. now I know who Roger is. I only met him once at my neighbors house about two weeks ago. Funny thing is I saw him the other day at Scalaris and totally confused him with someone else. He must have thought I was out of my mind because I never realized it until right now! LOL.

Im not sure how much fishing Im going to be able to do before I leave, but we'll see. Im headed over to the lagoon/mesquito breeding grounds in Oceano right now. Im just itching to get my pole in the water somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast