Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: For You Viewing Pleaseure

Post Thanks / Like

Default For You Viewing Pleaseure

Corkers thread about the guys getting stuck in the Ocean reminded me of this.

Memorial Weekend Oregon Inlet, NC OBX - 05.30.2011 (oregoninletidiots.com) - YouTube

There are a bunch of these.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

nice, thanks for sharing

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That belongs on the cartoon network. BTW, did you get your truck out? Rofl
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle Bill View Post
    That belongs on the cartoon network. BTW, did you get your truck out? Rofl
    I have not had the pleasure of burying my truck to the chassis yet but I tell ya what, Every weekend down there, this stuff goes on. 9 times out of 10 it is because the driver did not deflate his tires down to 20 pounds. Those big trucks don't do it cause they like to throw sand. You would think after a while folks would wise up but there is always people that are either getting stuck and then deflating their tires, or someone finally decided they better deflate them before their dash board falls in their lap.CF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer View Post
    I have not had the pleasure of burying my truck to the chassis yet but I tell ya what, Every weekend down there, this stuff goes on. 9 times out of 10 it is because the driver did not deflate his tires down to 20 pounds. Those big trucks don't do it cause they like to throw sand. You would think after a while folks would wise up but there is always people that are either getting stuck and then deflating their tires, or someone finally decided they better deflate them before their dash board falls in their lap.CF
    Let them down to 12 lbs and a 2 wheel drive will go a lot of places on the beach. I've taken a 2WD F150 up to Carova and drove around all weekend before.

Post Thanks / Like

Amateurs they are, we once buried a 10 wheel International with a drill mounted on it so deep I had to roll the window down to get out. It was where the Stil plant is now. At the time it was a pine forest with no drainage. The boss and the surveyors had been driving around in it in a Toyota pick up and told me the drill would go in with no problems, I walked the woods and told them I was gonna get stuck. Boss was trying to impress the Stil people and told me to get in there and start drilling. I got about 60' off the road and felt the front going down, tried to back up and the back wheels broke through the root mat and the thing sank 5' in about 5 seconds. Boss called a contractor who brought out a D7 which he promptly sank, he sent for another D7 which he also buried. Finally another contractor to bring out the biggest Terex dozer with a 200 ton winch that sat on the road and winched everybody out. Took 4 days to get out and the truck was in the shop for another week replacing all the air lines that got tore off. We ended up drilling the site with an ATV mounted drill which got stuck every time we moved it, but it had winced on both ends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
    Amateurs they are, we once buried a 10 wheel International with a drill mounted on it so deep I had to roll the window down to get out. It was where the Stil plant is now. At the time it was a pine forest with no drainage. The boss and the surveyors had been driving around in it in a Toyota pick up and told me the drill would go in with no problems, I walked the woods and told them I was gonna get stuck. Boss was trying to impress the Stil people and told me to get in there and start drilling. I got about 60' off the road and felt the front going down, tried to back up and the back wheels broke through the root mat and the thing sank 5' in about 5 seconds. Boss called a contractor who brought out a D7 which he promptly sank, he sent for another D7 which he also buried. Finally another contractor to bring out the biggest Terex dozer with a 200 ton winch that sat on the road and winched everybody out. Took 4 days to get out and the truck was in the shop for another week replacing all the air lines that got tore off. We ended up drilling the site with an ATV mounted drill which got stuck every time we moved it, but it had winced on both ends.
    That sounds like that job sucked big time. That reminds me of Mattamaskeet lake. It was drained and farmed in the early 1900's. Millionairs invested in it and wound up going busted. They had 3 or 4 tractors that were stuck in the old lake bottom that they just left. They sunk in the mud and now the lake is over them. I have heard of a couple props getting ruined on them too.CF