Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pushing RoadRunners

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pushing RoadRunners

How do you guys push Road Runners speed,rigging I am looking at trying it but want to know the best way to do it I got 16 and 12 foot poles and all the equipment; just want some advice. Thanks Rich

Post Thanks / Like

from what ive heard, just a very SLOW steady retrieve. u can use them to cover more water and help locate them.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about pushin em, I do however longline em about 60' behind the boat at 1.3mph. I know guys push em, just I don't.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure but I would think you would have to put a heavier weight above them and then a leader to them. i don't think they are heavy enough to do it with just them

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question ... It may be dumb , but how do y'all gauge your speed ? For instance 1.3 mph . Is it a guess or is there a tachometer that reads out that low ?

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fish em off the front on the bottom of my C&C Riggs. Usuallyhave 1/2 or 3/4 ounce weight 8in above. Dress withSlabslayer, umbrella tubes, lake fork shad and tip with minnows most of the time. Push at .2 to .4 let fish tell me what they want. Mine are home made 1/8 oz with 1/0 red sickle hook. Will fish them without weight when fishing stumps or brush in real shallow water.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JiggerMan View Post
    I have a question ... It may be dumb , but how do y'all gauge your speed ? For instance 1.3 mph . Is it a guess or is there a tachometer that reads out that low ?
    GPS. If ya troll at all ya gotta have 1. Sometimes 1/10th of a mph could be the difference between bites and no bites. Most times they aint that picky and give a tad bit more but still crucial. Speed, weight and line out governs depth yournbaits run.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info ! I've never trolled before only tight line but just tryin to learn a lil more about it and every lil tidbit of information helps . Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, any $100 gps HH unit will work, but lots of people spend lots of $$ to go slow.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    yeah, any $100 gps HH unit will work, but lots of people spend lots of $$ to go slow.
    Exactly, aint gotta spend a lot of $$$, but gotta know yer speed. Does help to be able to mark spots and create routes though. That said,nI use an old Garmin 76 handheld.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast