Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Barren Crappie Bite

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barren Crappie Bite

Just talked to my brother in law. He and his son caught 27 keepers and several bass and nice gills this morning. Said a big percentage of the crappie weren't even ready to drop their eggs. They only had a few hours to fish.

I thought the bite was over. I caught what I thought were spawning crappie back in early March.

They are still biting good in the main lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there last Sunday and caught a couple dozen keepers. Caught a few females with eggs but mostly males. The fish we could find bit fairly well but it was so windy Sunday it made for a difficult day.

Post Thanks / Like

He said they were biting so well where they started catching them he threw out the anchor. Have fished with him for 35 years and can't remember him ever doing such. He's a bass fisherman at heart and is usually a keep moving and circling back when needed kinda guy. Guess they were stacked up in a cove with cover off main lake.

I think they were going back for round two this morning. I could be wrong but would say this morning would be a good time to get them. I've always liked fishing in the rain. Had my best days crappie fishing in a slow steady rain.

I would have tried my luck this morning but have been ordered to attend a hanging... I mean a wedding.

Hope they bite well for whomever has an opportunity to go today.