Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pescador 10, What would you do?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pescador 10, What would you do?

Just bought my second kayak, a Pescador 10 by Perception Sport. Very much new to kayak fishing and looking for advice on how to rig it, while keeping ample space/not cluttering. I don't like flush mount holders, I plan on putting a Scotty holder (possibly the triple mount) opposite from the flush mount already there. Might put a small fishfinder under the front rod mount also. Just looking for ideas on what to do. I mostly bass fish, but crappie fish a good bit too. Thanks in advance.

Ross
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by ross91690; 04-19-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

look at rigging for tarpon 100, same hull. Newer tarpons have a different deck, but the older ones are identical. Personally I don't like rod holders in front of me (exception would be spider rigging). I mount my holders to crate with zip ties and then move the crate from one kayak to another.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Milk Crate Added

Here's the rigging thus far. Added a little storage by way of milk crate.

Post Thanks / Like

A depthfinder would be a great addition. I mounted my transducer inside the hull through the round storage hole behind the seat and then ran my wires up to front where I keep my battery. I mounted my unit on a RAM mount in front of my scotty rod holder like you have in the picture. You can store your battery in your dry storage hatch up front. You'll be glad you put a depthfinder on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Depth finder and anchor trolley are going on in the next week or so, then she should be all set. Although, I plan on mounting the transducer in the hull via the front hatch, not that I think it makes much difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, you'll have a nice rig. It won't make a bit of difference where you mount the transducer just make sure wherever you mount it that your boat has constant contact with the water in that area and you point the transducer in the right direction. I don't know what you plan on doing for a battery but I bought the small 12 volt battery from Cabela's, it fits perfect in the front storage hatch and has plenty of power to run a depth finder.

Post Thanks / Like

Scotty rod holders are nice with one mod to them. Take the tightening handle/bolt out complete, see where the teeth would mesh together? Put a large metal washer and a rubber washer in between the two parts to keep the teeth from meshing. (found at Lowes in the drawers in hardware), the put the holder back together. The washers provide enough tension to hold up the rod at any setting, but it does not limit you to ONLY where the teeth mesh. Provides more exact setting. When trolling or spider rigging from the yak I like my rod tips to be closer to the water than the preset teeth allowed. One setting might be too low, but the next higher was too high.... this provides infinite range and quick adjustment without having to losen the handle much at all.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome tip, kcbrown! I've experienced the same problem.

Post Thanks / Like

KC, that is a good idea I've had the same problem also with my Scotty holder. Never really thought about it like that. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xSOUTHERNx View Post
    Sounds good, you'll have a nice rig. It won't make a bit of difference where you mount the transducer just make sure wherever you mount it that your boat has constant contact with the water in that area and you point the transducer in the right direction. I don't know what you plan on doing for a battery but I bought the small 12 volt battery from Cabela's, it fits perfect in the front storage hatch and has plenty of power to run a depth finder.

xsouthernx
    what type of enclosure did you use when installin the battery, if any ??
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast