Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Fisherman Transplant From Oklahoma

Bay Area, CA (In Collinsville, OK for 6 months)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Fisherman Transplant From Oklahoma

Hi all, my name is Bill. I've been in California now for about 12 years but haven't fished much. I was raised on Grand Lake in Oklahoma and was lucky enough to have a large, private, enclosed and baited (with tree's) fishing dock. Good days were measured in the hundreds of crappies, bad days were still 20 each. I am buying a 10' Pond Prowler from Bass Pro tonight and taking it out after some Crappie tomorrow. It's supposed to be almost 90 tomorrow! Anyone else going to be out fishing tomorrow?

Keep me in mind when you are thinking about going out fishing. I'm always looking for a friend to fish with. It would be great for me as I don't know the crappie habits in California like I did in Oklahoma.

Thanks for all the info, I'll keep reading posts.

-Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Btw, I currently live in Modesto but may be moving to the South Bay soon. We lived in San Ramon, Danville, and Walnut Creek prior to Modesto.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Happy belated birthday to ya!:Hands Clapping

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I'll have some posts here soon regarding my boat and motor. I had to do some modifications to things to make everything happy. One big one that I know a lot of people will be interested in is modifying the MotorGuide Bulldog 54 to work perfectly on the bow mount. This has the effect of lengthening the infamously short control cable and makes it perfect for this boat! I'm going crappie fishing Monday on either Hogan or McClure. Let me know if anyone is going to be out there!

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, come on up to Oroville/Chico. I'll split gas on the boat and bring as much beer as you can drink.

MolBasser

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a trailer yet so I have to stay close. Trailer will be here this week. Currently I only have a 10' Pond Prowler (bass scamp) with a trolling motor. We are moving back to the Bay in the next year and don't want to buy a big boat until after the move. If things were different, I'd take you up on that for sure.