Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you guy's feel about this statement??????????????

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down How do you guy's feel about this statement??????????????

It looks as though the crappie spawn is drawing to a close as most of the fish being taken this week are coming on the standing timber in 12 to 30 feet of water fishing 6 to 10 feet deep with minnows. Found this fishing report for Truman, seems a little early but i know we have had a very warm spring but I don't think it's over yet, do you???????banghead

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I seen that yesterday and had to laugh a little. Not sure who wrote it but they have not been on the lake much this spring. I don't feel they have even started yet and would not be surprised if there is still fish being caught on the banks during camp. I feel you can catch fish in that 12-30 ft on standing timber year round. So not sure that has anything to do with the spawn.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to agree with Jared on this one. I think it takes more than warm water for the spawn to happen. Just because the water has warmed doesn't mean that the eggs are developed enough in the female fish to be ready to drop. The early Spring has mainly made the fisherman "ready" early! lol

Post Thanks / Like

I'am with you,maybe the blacks have come in but i don't think the big wave has started.. this weekend should be good but i think it will be the start of the big push..

Post Thanks / Like

Used to give reports to couple newspapers and a radio station when I was 19 working on a boat dock. Didn't know my rear from hole in the ground, still don't but now I admit it. Don't think all fish spawn at the same time anyway. Lots of variables from upper river arms to lower main lake, cleaner to muddy water, etc. Believe I caught a big spawned out female last week but couldn't say for sure maybe she's enrolled in Weight Watchers.

Post Thanks / Like

Tails on all the fish we had last week were in good shape. Males haven't started too much fanning, so I'd say dead wrong on Truman.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

I know nothing about nothing but a friend at work that fishes a LOT asked me about this this morning, seems he heard that "none of the fish in the Crappiemasters tournament winning stringer had eggs in them"

LOL
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletman View Post
    I know nothing about nothing but a friend at work that fishes a LOT asked me about this this morning, seems he heard that "none of the fish in the Crappiemasters tournament winning stringer had eggs in them"

LOL
    Just one question...............did they fillet the winning stringer?

I don't think the spawn has got into full swing yet. Same reasons as stated by Jared and Greg. I'm usually wrong tho.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

caught fish out of Pomme and LOZ this weekend and all were still full of eggs,been hearing the same story about being done and while cleaning these fish we were saying sure looks like they are spawned out to me,gave us something to laugh about .

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Smithville and Truman and the last fish i caught on smithville were black crappie and the tails were not even red or tore up that was 2 weeks ago... caught only 2 females out of the 50 we cleaned and the egg sacks were still a ways away... haven't cleaned any on truman since winter so i have no idea how they are progressing...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast