Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: action at kincaid

Post Thanks / Like

Default action at kincaid

well, the "good" crappie act early at Kincaid. DH pulled out a few 12 inchers one day a few weeks ago and we watched someone pull out several 12 - 14 inchers the day before!
    i had a mom's fishing afternoon and my friend and i caught several crappie over 10 inches......now the action is gone.

can't wait for next year!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hey "girl" ......

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefishergirl
    well, the "good" crappie act early at Kincaid. DH pulled out a few 12 inchers one day a few weeks ago and we watched someone pull out several 12 - 14 inchers the day before!
    i had a mom's fishing afternoon and my friend and i caught several crappie over 10 inches......now the action is gone.

can't wait for next year!

good to hear from you, again. Don't give up so soon. Have you tried Corinth Lake ? Word has it that 8-10" Crappie can be caught fairly easily, there ... with the occasional Slab. Redear Sunfish (aka Shellcrackers) are the lakes main draw, but Crappie can be had.
    Baitshop and decent ramp at lake .... 10hp limit ... Channel Catfish have 12" minimum size limit. Redear daily limit = 20 (no size limit) Crappie daily limit = 30 (no size limit) ............ cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default CP speaks the truth

Never thought of Kincaid as a panfish lake but am willing to brave the 20 miles cross country, curvey roaded trek from W-town to try. Actually, fished it a couple of times last year but must not have been holding my mouth right or something. Have had some success on Corinth in recent weeks. Didn't know it contained crappie until one accidently bit one of my offerrings. Caught 75+ "dinks" last sunday afternoon during and after the rain storm we had. Good place to hone your skills. Still a redear to be had now and then and full of bass of all sizes. Neat little lake.

Give me some tips on kincaid. Kind of gone into it blind but always hear that it holds some real nice bass.

chris
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default kincaid tips

well, we catch crappie in the mid fall right a the little boat store. i learned that one from a fella who stated that he has been fishing there for a LOOONG time and sure enuf you can snap crappie after crappie there in about 10 - 15 ft water on a minnow...but most are small

then there is a rock wall ( i call it that) just down from the boat shop on the North side ( i think..i'm not good with directions, but i do know that if you leave the boat shop, the rock wall is to the right at the "entrance" to the main lake). my buddy and i caught quite a few there fishing from the shore out about a distance of 15 - 25 feet at a depth of about 4 - 5 feet.

then, when my dh was catching the big ones, he was fishing at a fallen tree just up from our little cabin which lies on the shore in the inlet directly across from the inlet (i.e., finger?) from the boat shop.

hope that helps. i want to cruise the whole lake some time to find other crappie spots. i see a few guys out there spider riggin sometime though. don't know how well they do though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hey cp!

thanks for the info on corinth lake but dh and i have a little cabin on kincaid and only spend a day or weekend there every once and awhile to grab some quality time as a family and to sneak in some fishin. but if we ever get the umph to fish at another lake i'll mention it to him!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation I knowwhatchamean ....

I'm lucky to get a chance to fish half a dozen times a YEAR. That's why I take the 4-6hr drives to Tenn or Ala. when I have the time and the conditions are right (weather, water, they're biting :D ).

Keep us posted on where you go and how you do ........ luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Kincaid Report 5-27

Fished Sat. May 27th from 6:30-12 noon. Fished with minnows from 5-9' deep. Caught 10 small crappie. As a bonus, caught 8 channel cats 10" - 20".
    Threw them all back. We fished down by the dam area, feeder creeks and points. Fishing was S L O W !! I saw 4 bass on the nests between 4-6 lbs.
    Bluegills were nesting too. We trolled some and only picked up one, it too was small. It was tough, but I got some therapy!!
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like

Default cool! `

thanks for the update. we haven't done much other than at our dock with kids....LOTS of baby blue gill! but fun for the kids since you don't even have to bait a hook most of the time!
    we hoping to do some serious fishing for a small while in two weeks. so far, with my experience with Kincaid (which ain't much!) crappie will be far and few between. this past spring was the best action that we've encountered! can't wait til next spring!

Post Thanks / Like

Default fun at kincaid

well, we were out there two weeks ago with the big family camp in......btw, it ALWAYS rains for the big family camp in! LOL!

anyhoo, my nephew, who has only fished twice in his little short life of 6 years, caught an 11 inch crappie off of our dock! he said that he was just dippin' his bobber under the dock!

i think that we have him hooked! at least kincaid is good for getting the kids involved. many, many little fish to catch!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hooked on fishin' ........

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefishergirl
    well, we were out there two weeks ago with the big family camp in......btw, it ALWAYS rains for the big family camp in! LOL!

anyhoo, my nephew, who has only fished twice in his little short life of 6 years, caught an 11 inch crappie off of our dock! he said that he was just dippin' his bobber under the dock!

i think that we have him hooked! at least kincaid is good for getting the kids involved. many, many little fish to catch!
    now, that's something to be "hooked on" !!

Sounds like you need to learn to "shoot docks" :D ... that may just be the ticket to some bigger fish. .......... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast