Went out Friday and watched them fly up to roost, had 2 flocks pegged. Halifax county, opening day of turkey season. They were gobbling everywhere. should be a piece of cake right? Got out an hour early, did an owl call and the woods gobbled back from every direction. I had my spot already picked out. Got set up, 1 decoy set up. It was cold, real cold, I only had on a single pair of pants and I mean to tell ya it was cold. The birds flew down in the wrong direction. They were about 80 yards out. I use a sli tek slate type caller and I did my thing and they answered back. Only thing is, the boys were all hen-ed up I guess. They would not budge. I moved around them and called they would not move. I went back to the truck at 11, an hour early disappointed, I had heard 2 shots and I was hunting with 2 others. Right behind the truck was a dust bowel, right on our tire tracks were turkey prints. I could have done better if I had stayed in the truck. the land owner said he sees up to 40 turkeys taking a dust bath right behind the tractor, OK why did he tell me this now? Thats hunting. We did have good food blackened stripper and scallops. If I get an opportunity to go again I will know where to hunt. Oh the other guys had the same story, no shots only talk.