Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cave Run

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cave Run

Planning on ging to Cave Run in the morning. Just wondering if anyone went lately and found them?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know whats considered lately but was there in the main lake a few times in the last 2 or 3 weeks and have caught several nice crappie in the standing timber... was there last monday and only caught 4 but the wind was so horrendous you couldn't concentrate on what you were doing... Am hoping to be there tomorrow but am putting in at bangor for the first time this year so i'm hoping to locate a few.... Haven't been able to find any in the shallow water as of yet this year, fingers crossed, maybe tomorrow will be the day... All I have caught so far have been 10 to 15 feet in 20 to 30 feet of water.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there last week and found about 30 at 12 to 15 ft in dep water holding tight to standing timber and I mean tight. Only kept 10 one 14inch and one12.5

Post Thanks / Like

The crappie fishing has been pretty good for the last few weeks anyway.... have been there 4 times in three weeks or so and caught 20 that I kept first time, several over 12" and 1 16"...a week later kept 12 and maybe half 11" or better, a couple 14"....Two of us went the third time and had 36 nice fish then last week was a good time to have stayed home... the wind just played havoc with the whole day.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe tomorrow will be the day!!

Post Thanks / Like

Leonard did you have any luck at bangor? I fished Buck creek for a while this morning. A few at 24-18 feet in deep water. Then the gail winds came in!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL....It did turn into a rather windy afternoon .... We put in at bangor so the wind didn't take us out of the game entirely, we never caught anything over 11 inches and only brought back 10 crappie, caught several small fish, in the 6" to 7" range but it was a rather nice day to be on the water, I would not have wanted to repeat what we went through last monday on the main lake and I suspect it was similar today... I don't seem to be able to find any fish in less that 15 feet of water, not sure if it is the weather we had in march or what, I cleaned the fish we brought home and there doesn't seem to be many eggs in them... could be mostly males I guess, seems to be a strange year for me but I did have a fairly good march, caught a good many nice fish but lately they seem to have shrunk in number and size.

Post Thanks / Like

None of the fish I cleaned had eggs in them either.