Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: will I ever get one??

Post Thanks / Like

Default will I ever get one??

or hopefully a bunch?

can someone fill me in on this pre spawn, spawn, and post spawn?

I was talking to a local guy online a few mins ago and he said crappie fishing is about over because the spawn is over. Does that mean I have missed my chance to get a few? I went today to hit a popular area, but came up with no crappie....was using my light rod, mr crappie line...on a jig head with a bobby garland electric chicken baby shad. I got a drum and cat on it, but no crappie. I was mainly hitting docks in pretty shallow water...

Another guy who was fishing for crappie said he didnt catch a single fish.

Since the spawn is "over", have I missed my chance???

Post Thanks / Like

Nope!!! Best I could offer ya is to drop in on the TN. board and ask questions, read, read, read some more and attend any Slabfest, get togethers or fruit jars and absorb info like a sponge.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie bite year round, same as every other fish.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks....i am actually posting all over the place. The local TN section....an east TN fishing board, etc. Trying to gain any info that I can.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to hear more about this too. It seems like most folks fish for crappie when the weather is cooler in the fall and spring, at least in GA where I live. So something must be different about the rest of the year. Is it that it is easier to catch a limit in the fall and spring? Is it just harder to catch a mess of fish during certain times of the year? Do you have to "try harder" during the summer months? Are the fish less congregated during the summer, depending on the body of water you fish and the climate?

Post Thanks / Like

it's all about the shad find the shad the crappie will be ther. try bridges an shooting docks works all year

Post Thanks / Like

If the crappie didn't eat during the warmer months they would die. Look for them in areas near deeper water where they can ambush bait. If the spawn is over in your area they are looking to feed and fatten back up from all the work they just put in.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^ what them last 2 posts said are spot on.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know about in Tennessee but over here in Ga you can catch crappie all year long. Come on over and we'll help school ya a little!Thumbs Up

J/K, but as already stated, crappie do bite all year long. Just do some reading and ask some questions. Take that info and apply it to your fshing. I know most of the guys will do their best to help you out all they can.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed but the average fishermen will usually do better in the spring and fall as crappie tend to be a little more aggressive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast