Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Another ? for Craig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another ? for Craig

In what order do the gamefish spawn? Walleye-White bass- LM bass- Crappie- Sunfish? Thanks Mike
    Life is good today.

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingfish387 View Post
    In what order do the gamefish spawn? Walleye-White bass- LM bass- Crappie- Sunfish? Thanks Mike
    Mike,

Generally in Kansas it is Walleye, White bass, Crappie, LMB, then sunfish (LMB and sunfish can be very close (sometimes reversed depending on species) and some sunfish can spawn through late summer).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Johnson View Post
    Mike,

Generally in Kansas it is Walleye, White bass, Crappie, LMB, then sunfish (LMB and sunfish can be very close (sometimes reversed depending on species) and some sunfish can spawn through late summer).
    What about SMB? I caught a female smallie the other day with a big ol' belly. Was she full of eggs or just a fatty?
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Taxi View Post
    What about SMB? I caught a female smallie the other day with a big ol' belly. Was she full of eggs or just a fatty?
    Fish Taxi,

Smallies would fit in between the crappie and LMB. Early to mid-April in Kansas I would say that your fish likely still had her eggs...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shad

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Johnson View Post
    Fish Taxi,

Smallies would fit in between the crappie and LMB. Early to mid-April in Kansas I would say that your fish likely still had her eggs...
    Craig, How about shad. Where do they fall at in the order.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by geeb View Post
    Craig, How about shad. Where do they fall at in the order.
    geeb,

Gizzard shad have about a six week spawning window in Kansas running from approximately early May through mid-June. The gizzard shad would fit in just ahead of the largemouth bass.