Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to spidder rigging.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to spidder rigging.

Want to start spidder rigging and want to know what length of poles to use and in what order to use them. I will probally be buying the slo-troller series rods from Grizzly jig. These poles say they have a snap on reel seat that fits any reels. I do not understand how that works without seeing this. Can anyone please advise. Also will be buying 8 poles. they come in 10 13 16.5 & 20ft.

Post Thanks / Like

My poles are 16ft long. But that is to spider rig in Reelfoot lake. As that allows you to pick the bait and hooks straight up and then swing them in.
    And it also works on Pickwick lake. Fishing 4 hooks per rod. Spaced 18" apart allows me to search out a lot of water at one time.
    Pete

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 on each side and use different length poles so I can stagger the baits better.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Slow Trollers from Grizzly are great poles. I've got a rod cabinet full of 14's and 16's and caught a ton of crappie on them. If you get 2 or 3 different lengths, you can stagger your spread out better and cover alot of water at once.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I fish an 8 pole system ( 4 on each side of the bow) and my inside 6 poles are 12' and my outside 2 are 14'. This has worked best for me here on Ky. lake.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm only coordinated enough to fish 6. I prefer the B&M jig pole 11 and 12 feet. I use a shimano 1000 spinning reel, 9.95 from bps. I have never tried more than 2 hooks, but I think I will try more as summer gets here and it is time for suspension.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 12' poles when trolling with minnows in deep water. I like to use 14' when trolling with jigs or minnows shallow.