Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wappapello yesterday and last 30 days

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello yesterday and last 30 days

Went to Lake Wappapello yesterday afternoon. Conditions are tuff: the lake has fallen about 15 inches in the last week and water temps have dropped about 5 degrees. In addition it was a blue bird day. We managed 18 very nice crappie despite the conditions. The fish are not everywhere like they were last week. But the fish that we are catching are 10-13 inches and very few dinks. I was looking at the site that monitors the lake levels. On the 30 day record it is very evident when the prime fishing occurred. 0n 03/19 the highest water came in- this is when the big fish went to the very backs of the creeks. The water fell for a couple of weeks then the next (smaller) crest came on 04/07- this is when the fish went to the rocky banks in the creeks. Looking back I can see when I should have been fishing. I will be more aware next year when similar conditions happen. Most of the last 30 days the lake has been going up or down. But there have been a lot of bigger crappie caught this last month.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I figured the cooler temps and falling water would make things tough.
    Looks like the water has stabilized for now and the temps are suppose to warm up a little.
    Maybe the fishing will pick back up some next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Ever since the lake got up to summer pool, I sure havnt been able to find the fish like I figured I would be able to

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super D View Post
    Ever since the lake got up to summer pool, I sure havnt been able to find the fish like I figured I would be able to
    take the bobber off...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NateD View Post
    take the bobber off...
    Funny, Funny. Why are you holding MY fish in your avatar?

Post Thanks / Like

Will be at Wappapelo this weekend. Should I expect things to be tough? I am guessing the lake got pretty stirred up from the storms. Maybe it will settle down. Appreciate any help. Have never been there before and sort of a novice at crappie fishing. thanks

Larry