Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Chautauqua Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Chautauqua Crappie

I fish Lake Chautauqua over Memorial Day. This wll be 5th year. Crappie seemed to have declined to nothing. Any experience or advise

Post Thanks / Like

I talk to old timers on that lake as well as uncles that have fished for40 plus and that lake is hard to figure . i have benn told a good rule of thumb is around every four years the population come full circle.What im trying to say is , it will be a good year then for 3 it will be ruff then on 4th year she will be good to ya. this is the 4th year for my family and the "cycle" we think it is on. i was just on happy hooker web sit and there has been no talk but i was down 2nd week of march and we caught 9 at long point state park off shore 3 keepers.It has been hit or miss iv went down and caught limit anfd . told family about it they have went following week and had hard time. That lake Can make me scream and kick my gear around , the next week i dont whant to leave ....Dont give up they are there , thats why i joind this community , to get some help to figure it out.the lake has not hit yet but soon very soon. dont give up on it, i have alot of family going down there for the next couple of weeks to catch the bite , as soon as i hear something ill post on this thread for ya brother....keep on keeping on , and DONT FORGET YOUR DAM BUCKET!

Post Thanks / Like

I fish for them quite often at Chautauqua; Spring and through the ice. The trick in the spring is water temp. If the water is not around 52-57 degrees, you will not find them in the shallows. Fish the docks heavily! Good luck guys!

Post Thanks / Like

weather turnd bad and my uncle decided not to go down. I have heard that they are getting some infront of the creeks in the south basin, but it has been quiet.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Let me know if you hear more. I know if I tip a crappie lure with a wax worm, or crawler or minnow, I'm likely to attract perch and sunnies; they taste good, too.

Post Thanks / Like

was on lake saterday water temp was 62 and we were in ashvill bay in tri james channel and catching 1 foot down on minnows and i was jigging a plain white mr twister. Ended up with 12 crappie 3 bull head 2 of them mine on the twister. Also mix of white bass and perch. We heard of a couple of limits in burtis bay on south end .We were fighting alot of traffic from people putting in there boats but we did allreight.And all the catching was between 9am and 5pm."We got in late and left early". But still a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving now for the lake. We'll be out fishing tomorrow morning after the traditional trip to Hogan's hut for a license, minnows and a breakfast sandwich. Any last words of wisdom? I'll report on our luck...or lack thereof.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, the spawn is about done here in cny but catching a few in the weeds.

Post Thanks / Like

5. Chautauqua Lake ~ ** Smallmouth bass are hitting nicely in the flats off Mayville according to Craig Robbins. Smoke-colored three inch tubes are the ticket. Perch action continues to be very good, as well. Best spot has been from Chautauqua Institution to We Wan Chu Cottages drifting the weed edge with a split shot a crawler. Walleye have been cooperating at night from the Bell tower heading north, trolling a chartreuse worm harness in 10 to 15 feet of water........... This is a report i found for the lake. Hope it helps.

Brimfisher is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pop! I was just checking in from the deep South to see if it looked promising for catching some Speks on your trip. If you don't, when I come up I'll trade you some Crappie for some Perch. Chek the Ga. board for some braggin pics.

K

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast