Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to fish mark twain this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to fish mark twain this weekend

I would appreciate some advise on which areas on the lake I should try this weekend. My brother is coming down from Iowa and we are going to fish Sat afternoon and Sunday. I am familiar with the lake but have not been able to get up there this year yet. Also a recommendation on where to stay on Sat. Night would be helpful

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't help you in Twain but welcome to the board. Several good members here can point you in the right direction. Good luck

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

As for the lodging:

South Fork Resort at Mark Twain Lake

or

Cannon Dam Cabins at Mark Twain Lake | Lodging in Missouri | Vacation Cabins

or

Country Inn Resort Motel

I've done business with all three of these.....very nice people at all three.

Fishing:

Well....you'll get a lot of different ideas here prolly because fish are feeding up to get ready for the spawn or are spawning depending on where you fish, the weather or the mood of the fish. This weekend has rain in the forecast but is supposed to be warmer. There are some recent fishing reports from MTL on this site....check em out!!!

Post Thanks / Like

A second vote for South Fork, they are good people and Ron/Mary will do everything they can to put you on some fish.

With that said, I haven't heard a peep out of the South Fork in terms of fishing......usually you would read something on their blog, but nothing at this time. Most success at this time has come out of Sandy/Shell Branch, so one could assume Indian should be starting to turn on also. Talked to a few guys that fished Dry fork last week and it was touch and go......I think someone posted a good report on Pidgeon also?

The silence of South Fork has me intrigued.......might make my way over there sometime soon.

Also, don't forget about the bridge closings......... the 107 bridge going over the North Fork is closed for the month of April, so make sure to make the necessary modifications to your travel!

U

Post Thanks / Like

Fished there last week, only caught 15 total but 9 were twelve to fifteen inchers, all in 14-17 fow down 10-12 around structure. friends fished last yesterday and did well. will try Friday PM.

Post Thanks / Like

good luck this week end, guys. wish I could make it up there too! my best advise is to really run and gun until ya find some fish. all the arms are gonna have some biting fish somewhere just gotta find em. I would venture to say the most consistant arm for me is sandy creek. I can always find some fish in there. but these days when I can't find fish in the morning I will be trolling bandits by lunchtime. trolling cranks has rarely let me down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by south point View Post
    good luck this week end, guys. wish I could make it up there too! my best advise is to really run and gun until ya find some fish. all the arms are gonna have some biting fish somewhere just gotta find em. I would venture to say the most consistant arm for me is sandy creek. I can always find some fish in there. but these days when I can't find fish in the morning I will be trolling bandits by lunchtime. trolling cranks has rarely let me down.
    When you troll cranks in the creek arms do you stick to the channel and just try to skirt the timber along the edges or do you bravely charge right through the standing timber which leads to snag after snag after snag? I troll cranks a lot in the summer and when I do I pretty much stick to the channels or open water flats.

Post Thanks / Like

Mary said yesterday they were full this weekend, big bass tourniment,Id still call.
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archer66 View Post
    When you troll cranks in the creek arms do you stick to the channel and just try to skirt the timber along the edges or do you bravely charge right through the standing timber which leads to snag after snag after snag? I troll cranks a lot in the summer and when I do I pretty much stick to the channels or open water flats.
    I aint had a lick of luck in the creek arms while trolling cranks. dunno why?? almost all of my luck is around the main lake area. look for a bluff where the main channel swings up real close to. add some stick ups and you have a recipe for a good time. I try to get as close to the wood or rock cover as I can without snaggin it. getting snagged sucks but if ya wanna play ya gotta pay!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by south point View Post
    I aint had a lick of luck in the creek arms while trolling cranks. dunno why?? almost all of my luck is around the main lake area. look for a bluff where the main channel swings up real close to. add some stick ups and you have a recipe for a good time. I try to get as close to the wood or rock cover as I can without snaggin it. getting snagged sucks but if ya wanna play ya gotta pay!
    I'm suprised I haven't seen you there.....summertime finds me fishing those exact types of locations....sometimes just jigging sometimes trolling cranks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast