Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Killer-perched over a "Death Star"

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Killer-perched over a "Death Star"

Killer caught 3 fish over a newly sunken Death Star before I could get in the boat. We fished 1 1/2 hrs and cleaned 9 fish. The 2 biggest were twins at 1 lb. 14 oz. each. A couple of our old places produced the most fish.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    Killer caught 3 fish over a newly sunken Death Star before I could get in the boat. We fished 1 1/2 hrs and cleaned 9 fish. The 2 biggest were twins at 1 lb. 14 oz. each. A couple of our old places produced the most fish.
    Hi Don,
    How long have you been using Death stars? Looking at the 2 fat slabs in the picture they must produce pretty well. Have you had much success with them and if so do you think they hold crappie better than wood or maybe the 5 gal. buckets with sticks in them? They are impressive looking for sure! Thanks............treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to know if they realy work as well. How much did you pay for the pvc pipe for the star? They sure look more manageable than brush!!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Treepotato & Jason

Quote Originally Posted by treepotato
    Hi Don,
    How long have you been using Death stars? Looking at the 2 fat slabs in the picture they must produce pretty well. Have you had much success with them and if so do you think they hold crappie better than wood or maybe the 5 gal. buckets with sticks in them? They are impressive looking for sure! Thanks............treepotato
    The fish that Killer caught on the DS were small. That particular DS has only been out about a week. The large fish were caught at some of the docks we normally fish

The Death Stars are new to us but several have been made and put out. We should know a lot more about them by Spring.

The cost to make one is roughly $20.00. We also looked, as someone suggested, at connecting 2 or 3 together. I personally think they would be hard to handle. They are real flexible when you start carrying them.
    Last edited by Don G; 11-21-2004 at 09:35 PM.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

The fish that Killer caught on the DS were small. That particular DS has only been out about a week. The large fish were caught at some of the docks we normally fish

The Death Stars are new to us but several have been made and put out. We should know a lot more about them by Spring.

The cost to make one is roughly $20.00. We also looked, as someone suggested, at connecting 2 or 3 together. I personally think they would be hard to handle. They are real flexible when you start carrying them.
    Thanks Don