Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cave Run crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cave Run crappie

Has anybody been catching crappie in shallow water or lay downs there?... I have been catching decent numbers and size for a few weeks but all have been in standing timber 10 to 15' deep, mostly in 20 to 30 feet of water. These guys are more fun to catch when they are shallow but I'm not having any luck finding them as of yet... I want to catch them on a jig under a bobber, that is just plain fun but so far straight lining a minnow is all that has worked for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Any luck right now catching crappie at cave run at the spill way? Anyone wanna go tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

I will be on the lake trhis weekend. Leonard were you in the main lake or river?

Post Thanks / Like

I was fishing the main lake at that time, was catching several good crappie late march and early april then the size seemed to drop off along with the numbers... Put in at bangor about three weeksd ago but only small fish, Have heard a couple good stories in the last week or so but I couldn't catch any size crappie tuesday, did catch several dinks... Another post on a separate website gave a good report about caverun earlier in the week but don't know if he was fishing the main lake or the river area, I fished the buck creek and beaver creek section tuesday and the only fish I could find were 12 or 15 feet deep hanging around flooded pine trees but again 7 or 8 inch fish most of em.