Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I had to try it.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I had to try it.

I was wondering if the fish would bite better down on Tull's creek at sunrise. There is no way my partner is going to get up that early, so since he couldn't go today, at 5:15 I was off. Well now I know, I can sleep in for now on. LOL Not counting the real small ones, I probably caught about 16 and kept 12 that were 10-12 inches long. No 13 inchers like last Thurs. All were caught trolling fast in the channel of the river. I had my floats set about 6-8 ft high with extra weight. They really liked some 2 tone green shad darts with white feathers and a minnow of course.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

How late in the year are you going to fish? Would like to get up with you sometime.
    CVN 71 VF-84 TOMCATS AIRFRAMER
    VA.Beach,VA.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DREW
    How late in the year are you going to fish? Would like to get up with you sometime.
    As long as I can get out, I fish. Fortunately we don't get much hard water.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Same here, between work,kids and bad weather its hard to get time in to fish.I mostly fish Cohoon and Mead.
    CVN 71 VF-84 TOMCATS AIRFRAMER
    VA.Beach,VA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DREW
    Same here, between work,kids and bad weather its hard to get time in to fish.I mostly fish Cohoon and Mead.
    I can understand that. I retired from the Navy in 79 and hope to retire from most work soon. I used to fish the Suffolk lakes a lot but no longer have a boat that would be legal on them. We went up to Beaverdam this year for the first time and in 2 trips caught almost 100 fish. Other than that we don't do much lake fishing. I'd like to get over to Kerr lake more. That is one fantastic crappie fishing lake.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va