Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guntersville pays off..."BIG TIME"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guntersville pays off..."BIG TIME"

Just got back on Sat. from our annual fishing trip at Guntersville spending 7 days on S Sauty. Got to say it was one of the best trips yet................Friday night when the last fish was cleaned we had a count somewhere close to 750 fish with 90 % of them hit the 10 in. mark. The rest was between 10 and 14 in. Have to say we had to work for them. 8 of us in 3 boats pretty much covered the middle of S. Sauty all seven days. Spider rigging with minnows and picking them up between 6-14 FOW over and around brushpiles. It was a morning bite and a late afternoon bite. We hit the water around 6-7 am till around 10:30 then come in an head back out around 4:30 till dark. Slow trolling and covering alot of ground paid off good for us. Got a few pics to post as soon as I find my computer cord for my camera....and got something else to post that happened that was really weird. But I`ll post it with the pics.
    My boat maybe old, but shes still... FAST !!

Post Thanks / Like

nice report

Post Thanks / Like

Why keep that many fish? That is what has messed up Weiss.
    Likes SLABHOG, GWDawg1, Slabhunter110 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Meat fisherman!

Post Thanks / Like

ahhh jealousy rears its ugly head, that count figures out to each man keepin about 13 a day. aint nuttin wrong with that, congrats on your catch !!
    Minnermatics Prostaff
    My wife lets me buy all the rods and reels I can hide.
    Likes Damion Kidd, CrappieHuntMike LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Alabama regulations prohibit the transportation of more than one days creel limit across its borders. For eight people that would only be 240. 500 over is pretty excessive and posting it for every one to see?
    Fear God, Love your neighbor, Catch fish!
    Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

You can tell that they have no respect for the laws in the State of Alabama. Then 90% were close to 10 inches no wonder there are no large crappie. This is exactly what has happen to Weiss Lake, and it will happen to Gunterville next.

A few years ago we had two families fishing at Weiss fishing for 7 days and we were happy with having 100 fish we kept. Also there was five of us fishing. We had more fun catching and releasing than having to clean everything that we caught. We live 345 miles from Weiss Lake if we get up to fish one time a year we are doing good.

Everyone needs to have respect for the game and wildlife no matter what state we go to or who we are.
    Likes waterdog101, SLABHOG LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

With a fine of $65 per fish that would be a pretty sporty fine -> 750 - 240 = 510 --> 510 X $65.00 = $33,150. = OUCH.
    Split among 8 fisherman that's $4,144 each.
    Likes waterdog101, SLABHOG, FurFlyin LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jusanothajoe View Post
    ahhh jealousy rears its ugly head, that count figures out to each man keepin about 13 a day. aint nuttin wrong with that, congrats on your catch !!
    Hey Aubie that's 13.4 fish a day RoflRoflRoflRofl
    I like it if I catch 13 good ones!
    Last edited by Fisherman_Wantabe; 04-10-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: dumass
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your catch well done.I do wish Alabama would move the size up to 10 inch minimum,I have seen personally 100's of small crappie harvested this past winter in the spring that would barley measure .I know we all love eating crappie but it's the same people day after day,it's like their mission in life is to harvest is many crappie is possible.Myself I average maybe 10 to 15 crappie a trip most times it's under these numbers.I may fish 60 days out of the year I can only imagine the ones that do it 3 to five time a week and catch limits..
    Guntersville has been targeted by the guides for sure and the out of state pressure will continue to increase is their resources dwindle because of over harvesting, such is Weiss lake..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast