Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pelican Bass Raider

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pelican Bass Raider

Greetings all,
    I just picked up a used Pelican Bass Raider 10 ft long with seats, a Minn Kota 30, and a Hummingbird fish finder. I have not had this in the water yet. My wife loves to fish but thinks it will be tippy. I wanted it to drift fish the River Raisin in Monroe - a real shallow and slow moving river. I plan to mount a set of oars on it for the drift. Any thoughts?
    SouthEast MICDC (Monroe)
    LowBudget Maveal

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and I like it... I have a 30lb trolling motor mounted on mine also. You will get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it. I wouldn't take it in the river if its super shallow... It will rub the bottom constantly... good boat tho!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey fellas.....I have a fairly new Bass Raider 10E, and made a great mod to it. made a floor from 1/2" plywood. Cut a 20" x 8' piece and put cheap marine carpet from Home Depot. Had to cut 2 angles near the rod holders, and it was done. MUCH more comfortable moving around especially if you like fishing barefoot. Looks better too. Great boat. Have a Minn Kota 50lb motor. Anyone know about installing rod holders on it? I have looked at the C-clamp mounted ones for transoms, because I am reluctant to drill into the plastic. Any thoughts would be great.

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My son and I fish out of a Bass Raider 10. We both weigh in at 250+. The boat is very stable. I can stand on one of the pontoons with no problem. Great boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping to mount a set of oars on it so I can use it as a drift boat in the river. I also have a minn kota 30 but the river is shallow with lots of rocks. I plan on putting a floor board like your idea with a set of oars mounted next to the seat. Anyone ever try oars? I'm thinking of going under the seat so it sticks out a foot on either side for the oar locks.
    SouthEast MICDC (Monroe)
    LowBudget Maveal

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking at one of these but don't know if there are any restrictions on what bodies of water these can go on to. I live in Oklahoma and have looked but haven't seen any minimum boat size restrictions. I saw a maximum boat size though.

Post Thanks / Like

Got one and I love it. Took a friend a couple of weeks ago and he bought one too. We use two trolling motors on ours as it gives each of us better control. Nothing tippy about them, between my friend and I we are pushing 500 pounds real hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Have had a 10 E for 3 weeks now.Have a 50 lb motor on it,have been on Stockton Lake in Missouri with it.Very stable and i love it.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree....stable. I don't worry about flipping at all. I would like to know if anyone has drilled holes anywhere in theirs for rod holders....etc. I just bought a transom mount c-clamp holder and put it next to my trolling motor. Works good.

Post Thanks / Like

What I think is surprising is the price range of new bass raiders out there. I've seen them for close to $800 out there. Academy has them for $499. Replaced the stock seats with some padded ones.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast