Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pond Bream

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Pond Bream

I was fishing a small pond that really never gets fished. It is full of bream and cats. I was fishing fot the cats with a trebble hook and some kind of berkley bait and was catching huge bream! I released everything that I caught, but the bream seemed really skinny to me. My dad seemed to think that there was not enough food for them. I didnt think that could be it. I was thinking maybe they had just dropped their eggs or something. There is no fresh water except for rain to supply the pond. Is it possable that there is not enough food?
    Also, will these fish taste good? It is not a cow pod or anything, just a pond sitting in the middle of no where.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think if there isnt enough food they wood be small. I have had pond bream that tasted funny not sure what it was but there was alot of fields around it i was thinking maybe runoff but not really sure.

Post Thanks / Like

these guys were some of the biggest bream i have ever caught, they just were not as fat as i thought they should be.

Post Thanks / Like

It is possible they have nothing to eat. If the pond is not fished often or if fish are never taken out of a pond, then after a while the little fish will never grow because the big ones will eat the minnows as soon as they hatch. I have noticed that fish that were caught out of a pond fed by rain/runoff don't taste as good as a pond with a feeder stream.

Post Thanks / Like

good deal on releasing them 'cuz they would taste funny, as all these people have said before me. they would be better if there was a feeder stream or spring. if you catch bass, then those are good out of those secluded ponds