Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman 4/7/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 4/7/2012

Over slept, seems I can’t get the AM/PM thing down on the alarm clock, still managed to get to the lake at 7:30, parking lot (Bucksaw) already had several rigs in it so I was optimistic. Got the boat wet (headed up river). Didn’t take very long to notice that the lake bottom had gotten closer to the top of the water, by my calculations I would say 3-4 feet. Pretty much had the lake to myself, dropped the trolling motor and set the rigs and started fishing. Started slow and ended slow. No real pattern, fish were really scattered, some in 18 feet of water and some in 8 feet of water but all holding on bottom cover. Color didn’t seem to matter. Ran into MOQUACK, got wet, and didn’t get struck by lightning, no pictures, and just 30 keeper fish. I don’t think we caught a fish that even came close to a pound, and all the females still had hard egg sacks. All in all had a great day on the water with my son, and for that I’m thankful!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day!

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

I tell yea that new boat is purdy! Good seeing y'all we ended up with 20 could of finished our limit but the toes and fingers stopped working lol and Smiths sounded awesome (which it was) when are you going to let that pretty pup pick up some ducks up?
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

He dont even know what a duck is, he's an antler dog, and come to find out a mushroom dog. however he would much rather eat the mushrooms that bring them back.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you done better than most. Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

Good report doc...you need to tie a rooster on the porch...no buttons or knobs to deal with
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good day on hte water, sept gettin wet that is... glad you and the son had a great day.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the good report. I may get down some morning this week myself.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report, sounds like a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good time.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast