Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman 4/6

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Truman 4/6

Well the day started pretty slow. Rigged from 7:30 till around 9:30, 1 fish but it was a toad. Fooled around for about 20 minutes single poling some green stuff, nada. Moved about a mile away and started fishing water from 3' to 10'. From 10:00 TO 12:00 we caught 14 more. All good fish 11" to 12" with 2 more toads. Fished 2 more hours without a bite. Only caught 1 fish deeper than 6 fow. Everything came from 3 fow to 6 fow. 66* water. BL/CH and RD/CH were the weapons of choice. I could tell I havent rigged in about 10 years with that wind today. Went through 4 or 5 jigs and atleast 6 double minnow rigs. Thought I broke 3 or 4 rods, talking about rusty, WHEW! Dipping is alot easier. UPPER GRAND. I skipped work in honor of my daddy, OSS.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We're you dipping with two of you in a double seat setup? Maybe by an island around noon?

Post Thanks / Like

Where's the pics?Love seeing Monty's smileing face.Congrats on the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Jared, yep. CrappieDave, I havent mastered that technique yet. Jared, where were you?
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

be carefull there is no hiding when your catching... congrats. on the trip sounds like a great time for sure... them nibbles are something for sure,,, Darrell uses them all the time, and I keep a bottle in my shirt pocket most of the time, but never use them with a minnow. good for you...

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watching from a distance Never even crossed my mind about it being you Dex or we have came over and shoot the breeze and rigged up through there. We kept waiting for that Ranger boat to leave so we could fish there. We ended back in the creek fishing the channel edge on a little swing in the channel where it runs close to the bank. Will look a little better next time.