Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My boat ramp experience yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Default My boat ramp experience yesterday

Due to low water I had to get out and wade my boat to the bank. I forgot to raise my outboard up and I only got to three feet from the bank. I was about 6 feet from where the owners of the ramp had dredged out for people to launch. So people wanting to launch up and to launch out out, I was clearly out of the way. Mind you my lower unit had dug into the sand firmly and the front was in the sand, the boat was going nowhere. Thats what I thought. People wouldn't wait their turn to launch in or out. One guy in a purdy boat just drove up and parked his boat on the ramp, after people had been waiting 20 minutes to launch. Man the personalities were flaring by this time. They say a sailor can cuss, not like a mad fisherman. They didn't want to scratch their purdy little boats in the swallow water, so they stayed in the launch area. I knew this was going to be interesting. Well I sat back and watched the circus, drank a mountain dew and ate a sandwich. It came my turn to get my boat, I looked in the rearview mirror, my boat was floating 20 yards out in the lake I was @#%^#$^&^&(*
    I don't know how to swim,so that was not an option for retrieving my boat. I had joined the mad fishermans club and was raising cane asking who in the world drug my boat out there. I believe it was dragged by someone. No wind and water was calm. Noone fessed up to it either. I guess the stick people saw in my hand made them think not to say anything. However, a kind gentleman got my boat for me. Ok, I vented my frustration and I feel better. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't let it stop you

Pox; Do you think that it would be wise for Wildlife and Fisheries to put "Anger Management" booths at the tops of boat ramps!! I hate that your time at the ramp was a wash. Just remember that not only do things happen to everyone at times, but that at least they don't happen EVERY TIME! Hope you were able to catch some fish!
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, anger management classes might not be a bad idea on how to handle situations concerning things of not having patients. Things done to one by accident or out of ignorance are easily overlooked. Though a diliberate act to cause one harm needs to be confronted. :D I figure I handled my anger quite well, no cursing but firmly asked who did it. What I don't understand is why people are willing to do things behind your back and not man enough to say " yes I did it ".

Instead of anger management booths or signs, I think maybe a sign that says " Please wait your turn " would suffice.

Yes I caught plenty of fish for a few dinners with the family.

Post Thanks / Like

Watch your blood pressure Rusty,glade someone steped up to help you out.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

You think that was bad. try opening day of duck season in your great state trying to launch at 4:00 am with every other duck hunter in 4 states at a WMA gravel one boat ramp. Had my foot ran over, my brother ran over, my boat ran into, etc. I stay home, hunt in my state and out of the way.
    I also, love it when the newbie backs down the middle of the ramp and can't get his wife to what he thinks she is supposed to do!! Got to watch that the other day.
    My $.02