Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Green Lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Green Lights

To all those people that have cussed the dreaded godawful green lights - I saw the green lights in action last night - granted Highrock is in a world of its own but I saw the green lights outcatch the white lights 2 to 1 last night - some of the main cussers who will go nameless even threw out a green light -and caught a fish less than 2 minutes from the time it was out - what was he doing with it in his boat anyway ?
    I don't know I am the rookie in the bunch - an unintelligent - unbiased observer - but I think I will have a green light before I go back to Highrock
    crap-king

unintelligent but not stupid - well most of the time anyway - as long as you don't ask my wife
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

crap-king, you put that on the main forum so I could'nt edit it didn't you?????????LOL
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default guilty dogs bark loud

I did not mention any names - but I am flattered you think I am that smart - most think I am just a smart a-- :D could be some truth to it - lol
    crap-king
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    I did not mention any names - but I am flattered you think I am that smart - most think I am just a smart a-- :D could be some truth to it - lol
    crap-king
    What have low temps been in your neck of the woods as well as water temp? Do you night fish all through fall? I usualy stop in September.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Water temp last night on High Rock was 57 degrees. the same spot Fri night was 55 degrees
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Taste, its all a matter of personal taste....ive never cussed the green lights, but i have had three of em, and still have two. i wouldnt mind having the money back i paid for em but there are those that swear by the greens and prefer em over the whites but they arent what i wanna use. I prefer the white lights for the same reason folks prefer the greens,, they seem to work better for me. Ive never had or used the high dollar hydra glo lights and probably never will. too expensive for my taste and i hear they are pretty big and if so, on my boat that would create storage problems .
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Crappie Guide
    What have low temps been in your neck of the woods as well as water temp? Do you night fish all through fall? I usualy stop in September.
    JT im curious as to why you arent fishing through the winter unless its bitter cold in your area most winter nights. I fish the night year round, except when the nighttime temp is bitter cold, then i shift mode and move to drifting the deep channels daylight hours. some of the best night fishing ive experienced has been in the winter months. (the milder winter nights, not the bitter ones)
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    JT im curious as to why you arent fishing through the winter unless its bitter cold in your area most winter nights. I fish the night year round, except when the nighttime temp is bitter cold, then i shift mode and move to drifting the deep channels daylight hours. some of the best night fishing ive experienced has been in the winter months. (the milder winter nights, not the bitter ones)
    Do you fish deep in the winter while night fishing ( more than 20' )? Or does shallow brush still work ( less than 20' ). I would like to try it this year, I love night crappie fishing! Not many others in this area would agree about winter night fishing, I would imagine that our winters are slightly warmer than yours here in NW Arkansas. our water temp now is 60. Thank you for any and all info!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with rango. On the winter night fishing that is. Late fall right up to sring time. If you can take the cold it can be very productive fishing. We fish all depths but usually catch them between 10 and 15 feet. I dont night fish in the summer time because I don't like the taste of bugs. We prefer bridges because there is usually structure, drop offs, and they are sometimes a funnel between two large bodies of water. Plus they provide a little shelter from dew and frost. As for the light I say whatever color trips your trigger. I fish 4 to 5 small 9 inch GREEN ones set at different depths. They cost about 15 dollars from BPS. Hope this helps, Happy Holidays to all. CK>

Just get him on, then we'll worry about getting him in!

Post Thanks / Like

Default tis the season

it is the holiday season and green lights might put the crappie in a festive party spirit
    crap-king