Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big Speck!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Speck!

Pulled this one out of the St. Johns last night. Found him in about 15' holding to a sunken tree on the West side of the main channel.Weighed in at just over 2lbs. at 14 7/8". Believe it or not, the bass was also right at 2lbs. Surprisingly, that was the only speck my buddy and I caught all afternoon/night.
    Will

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Nice fish Will ! !
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go, Will! I know you are proud of that one. You got my fishing buddy beat this season. His best so far was an inch shorter than yours :D. My best this season so far was 13 inches. I've been getting good size Specks this season that are few and far between but not a lot of them. Not even getting close to a limit this season. One of the worst seasons for large numbers of Specks I've seen.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Post Thanks / Like

I have not found large numbers this season myself...They have been really scattered on the river and dont really seem to be schooling up like usuall.It has been hit or miss for me. The bass do seem to be doing pretty good, though. I caught 6 out of a small lake in Debary yesterday afternoon/evening, mainly in the 12-15" range.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen them schooling and lots of schools but they haven't been biting like they should be. The schools have really been moving around a lot too rather than staying in one spot. Most of them are already scattering down here now after the spawn. Hit and miss is what I've been getting on the Specks also. The bream and bass are biting good though .
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"